19 | Everyone... dies?

Percy POV~

I pulled my vine armor closer as I ventured deeper into Tartarus. 

Images flashed through my mind, and made me take a trip down memory lane. It was not fun.

I remembered the time Annabeth and I were down here, which was not too long ago. When we thought we were going to die, and when I was foolish.

I am still foolish, of course, but I have gotten much stronger than I was the last time I was down here. 

I remembered when Annabeth had said she loved me while we were down here. I never knew she was such a good liar.

My footsteps made no sound as I walked on the rocky terrain that was Tartarus's skin. He must have some really bad acne.

I kept my eyes closed and relied on my senses, I didn't want to see this place's horrors again. I followed the sound of rushing water and opened my eyes to see fire.

Perfect.

I dipped my hands into the boiling hot river and took a rather large chug. Ugh, it's worse than I remembered.

For once I took a look around me and almost had a heart attack.

The last time I was down here, everything was dark and foggy. All I could really see was rocks, rocks, and more rocks.

This time was different.

What I saw made my mind want to break into a million pieces. I saw things the way Nico had saw them.

I stared out into the distance and saw two cells, which are monsters. Confused? Yeah, so am I. 

I had saw a glimpse of this once when I was dying, but now that I could look longer, I wish I could not. 

I was currently on Tartarus's knee cap, explaining why the landscape here was curved. 

So I am walking on a living thing. How wonderful.

I took a deep breath and tried to clear my mind.

 I need to stop thinking about this. Before I go insane.

To clear my mind I did some tasks.

I created a little pouch from the vines and filled it with the burning liquid. Hopefully it will not burn through it. Because that would suck, majorly.

 I stood up and scouted the land.

Hmmm..

Darkness over here? Nope.

How about there, wait no.

Maybe over- Oh! There it is!

To my left was a cloud of darkness that most likely led to the exit out of here. You know what they say, when you are in a location of certain death, go deeper in it!

 I walked closer and closer to whatever terrors were in that mask of darkness.

And hoped I would be strong enough, both mentally and physically, to battle my way through.

Thalia POV~

My feet hit solid ground after I jumped. I opened my eyes to see I was back in that large room. 

Phew, for a second I thought my plan had back fired. I looked over at my friends and fear-stricken Frank and pointed towards a doorway. That had not been there about 5 seconds ago.

 I was already half-way there when I turned to see them still standing there.

"Are you going to move or have you fulfilled your dream of becoming a statue?" I questioned sarcastically.