10 | Who knew Nico could cook?

Artemis POV~

 I paced my bubble of a world, thinking over everything I've done through my immortal life. I guess she was right, I was blinded by my hatred of men to see what I have caused. My only thought was that I need to take all the girls and turn all the men into jack-o-lopes. I never thought of the mental stress on the girl's side. With me pressuring almost every girl we meet to join the hunt, I must have seemed like an annoying nat buzzing in their ear.

I sighed. Because of my mistakes, I ended up here. But I guess I deserve it, I had caused some deaths. I heard someone clear their throat, and there stood Skye. I looked into her glaring eyes and saw pain, pain from being neglected. I felt ashamed, I had caused that.

" Look I don't want to be here, and I can tell you don't want to be here too. I'm only here because they forced me to have some "bonding" time," She said with annoyance in her voice. 

" I apologize." I told her, feeling a little lighter than usual. A look of confusion showed on Skye's face.

" Pardon?"

" I said I apologize. I realize that I have been a horrible mother. I should have been there throughout your life. I should have watched your first steps, kept you as one of my hunters, something. Instead I dropped you off at a horrible orphanage. I'm sorry alright? I'm sorry." By then I was choking on my tears.

Skye had been avoiding my gaze during my rant, and she looked up with tears threatening to fall.

" You don't know how many years I have been waiting to hear those words," She cried and shocked me by jumping into my arms. I had never been the best at calming someone, but I just let my motherly instincts take control. I rubbed her back and said that I'd always be here for her, similar to what I ha said to when I told her parentage in private. Except this time, I meant it. 

Lyddia POV~

I was practicing my spear throws and I wasn't doing too good. Some how I ended up throwing it backwards, directly next to Sky's nose. She yelped and took a step back.

" What are you doing back so early?" I asked lifting an eyebrow, " You're still supposed to be Artemis."

" Well get this! She apologized!! And for real this time, she even hugged me and told me she was so proud of me. Can you believe it?" She looked as if she had won the lottery. 

"Really?"

" Really." To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I was shocked.

" Well then, looks like we are all due a visit to Artemis." And with that we skipped ( yes I know corny, but hey we were in a good mood) to the center. 

                                                                                ~~~****~~~

We all stood with Artemis in the little world I had created for her. When we entered, Artemis practically gushed out her apologizes. We all said we forgive her, though Thalia was a bit reluctant. We now had become good friends and were chatting happily in the field. Skye then asked an important question.

" Can Mom come and see the forests?" It was a question we were all thinking, but when we caught sight of Artemis' pleading eyes we caved in. She looked a wounded pup and who could say no to a face like that? I placed a hand on the force field that confined her, " I give Artemis permission to leave at this time, with us," the wall opened up to reveal a doorway. Artemis just stood there, like she couldn't believe we were letting her go.

" Well, are you coming or not?" A smile spread across her face and she laughed and ran through the door.

When we exited the world, Artemis looked a bit confused. Her statue was still standing with her body in it. " How-" I cut her off.