32| The Truth Comes Out

Percy POV~

(based on your comments i might change up this chapter a bit, check out my profile for updates)

"So, welcome to my hell," I announced, waving my arms around as if I were the displaying the room. "In that corner you can get a nice torture done on you if you'd like, over there you can go throw up due to smell of this place, and oh! Over there is the hole where they shove stale bread into, it's pretty ok after you get over the fact it's like eating a rock," I told her, going down the list of attractions my wonderful cell has to offer. 

"Percy, are you ok? You seem a little out there," Thalia questioned, worry filling her eyes.

"Oh me?" I asked, chuckling as I said it,"Being down here for a while does that to you. Anyway, enough about me. I want to know how you got down here."

"How about we get that cut on your arm cleaned with this water over here instead? I think that would be a better use of our time," Thalia stated, moving towards the big bowl in the corner.

"Oh I'm pretty sure that isn't water, I tried it once and it was just...ugh," I shuddered a bit thinking back to the time I actually tried it, "They usually bring some water with the bread, but that's not until later."

The door creaked open, causing me to instantly stiffen. I glanced over at Thalia and placed a finger over my lips, signaling for her to keep quiet. "Percy?" a voice cackled, "Ready for your next appointment?" My eyes widened, and I bit my lip as thought about my last 'appointment'. To say the least, I will be scarred for life because of it. I gave Thalia a shaky smile and tried to think of place for her to hide. I didn't want her to have to go through any of the pain that is meant for me. I tried to think of a plan quickly, but nothing was coming to mind. That is, until I saw the big bowl. Thalia would be able to fit in there, I thought as I motioned for her to get in it. 

She was confused at first, but finally understood. Her head had just lowered into it when the door slammed open, revealing a ghastly figure. "Time to play, Percy!"

Lyddia POV~

I was done playing this game Mother insisted on playing. I was done going through this cat and mouse charade. "I was there that night, mother. So please, stop acting like I didn't see anything. Yes, I had been small, but honestly? Even back then I was able to realize what you had done. You don't think I saw the second deal? The one that came after the first?" I asked her, clenching and unclenching my fists. "I watched as he came, as he comforted you through your despair. The despair you caused."

"You think I caused that despair on purpose? I did it to protect you, yet here you are, yelling at me. Chara what has gotten into you? I-I sacrificed so much for you, and I don't even ask for a thank you! He had been there for me, why does it matter to you?" Gaea asked, her hands shaking as she spoke.

"Why does it matter to me? Because you let TARTARUS in on the deal! Why wouldn't it matter to me? You let Tartarus of all people in on it! How could you even think that was a good idea? Honestly, mother, HOW?" I yelled, seething.

"Oh so we're back at this? You want to hear the full truth Chara, is that what you want?" Gaea muttered, her eyes poring into mine.

"Yes!" I said, curiosity weaving into my tone. 

"Fine, but after this Chara, I'm done with your charades. If you don't want to be here, then by all means leave." Gaea spoke, her words had an almost chilling effect on me. "You want to know the full truth about that night? Yes, I did indeed cheat on your father but that isn't the worst of it," She looked away from me, before speaking again. "I had to give one of you to him to insure that they would keep the rest of you safe. It was the only way to save you, there was no other way." She glanced at me biting her lip. It was then when I noticed how tired she looked. The green eyes I once thought were full of joy and life, suddenly seemed dull as she spoke. "I'm sorry Chara, but you will never see him again." Her words began to sound muffled as she continued to speak,"I  will never see my precious Iota again."

She began to sob, fully breaking down. I would never see him again? My mouth was open in shock as I went over her words. I would never see him again. I would never get to hear his laugh or listen to his jokes. I would never get to be tucked in by him like he did when I was little. I would never see his beautiful eyes light up with happiness has we played tag in the forests. I would never get to feel one of his bone crushing hugs. I would never get to talk to him or just simply hear his voice.

I would never...

I would never be with him, ever again.

..........................

Third Person POV

Soon after Chara heard the dreaded news, she fled, taking the six that remained of the seven with her. She brought them back to Camp Half-Blood, a place that she wished she could return to. With tearful eyes she told them to keep the memory of her brother strong, and if she were to here anything bad about him that had been said by one of them, well they wouldn't want to find out the outcome. 

Eventually she was able to bring both Nico and Skye back to the forests that had filled their every dream. Nico had acted as their chef like he used to, but the forests didn't feel as homey as they once did. Perhaps it was the fact both their sister and brother were missing, or that they simply felt they didn't belong anymore now that they weren't all together. 

What the didn't know, was that the day they would be reunited would be very soon.

Hey guys! So I was wondering what were your thoughts on this chapter? Did I move too fast through it? Should I add more detail. Personally I was just trying to get you a chapter as fast as possible and I spent a good hour writing this so, please let me know what your thoughts are.

The end of this tale is coming soon, I feel like I dragged out the plot too much. Anyway, write down in the comments any questions you still have, or maybe if  I messed something up ( I sometimes forget that i wrote something sooo :P) Also sorry for it being kinda short, its the middle of the night when Im writing this so please forgive me!

That's it for this authors note though!

~lyss

(tweet me any questions you have too! you can also ask me questions on ask.fm if would like!)