1 | the new guy

Yoongi's friends bring a new guy into their tight-knit clique

.
.
— —— —

— —— —
.
.

Min Yoongi doesn't hate people. He's just not a people's person.

At 26 years old, Yoongi is primarily an introvert, but he can be an extrovert when the time calls for it. Like tonight, for example. Yoongi's best friends have arranged a little get together, demanding his presence, but all without telling him the reason behind it. Jin, the eldest in the group and also one of the best cooks, would be preparing dinner for everyone — and because Yoongi has never been one to turn down free food, he ultimately agreed to show up, no questions asked.  

When it came to someone like Min Yoongi, getting him to do what you wanted was easy when food was involved.

"Took you long enough to get here," Jin called out to Yoongi from the kitchen after hearing the tired looking blonde enter Jin and Namjoon's apartment. "What caused the holdup? We've all been waiting around for you for so long that the food has gotten cold."

"My bad." Yoongi hurriedly apologized while removing his shoes at the door. "I slept through my alarm."

"Really, again? I swear he always uses that as an excuse. Clearly he's not smart enough to come up with any better ones," Jungkook whispers to Taehyung, them both cuddled up on the large sofa in the living room while Hoseok sits on the opposite end, busy swiping left and right on Tinder on his cell phone.

"Hey! Did you forget that I have excellent hearing, you little maggot?" When Jungkook hadn't been paying attention, Yoongi quietly snuck up on him and put him in a headlock from behind the couch. Taehyung scooted off to the side, not wanting to get involved in their playful brotherly tussle because he was wearing one of his favorite Gucci shirts tonight and he refused to allow it to get wrinkled.

"They're grown men, but act so much like children," Namjoon mutters with a smile as he helps his longtime and currently frustrated boyfriend re-heat dinner in their kitchen. "Jin, babe, what time did Jimin say he'd be here?"

Park Jimin is someone that Jin and Namjoon met while at a YouTube event a few weeks back. The three hit it off with one another so well and instantaneously that Jin and Namjoon ended up befriending him. After some time passed, they felt compelled to introduce Jimin to the rest of the guys.

With Jimin's charismatic and fun personality, everyone ended up loving him straightaway; everyone except for Yoongi. But that's mainly because he's yet to formally meet Jimin. He actually knows nothing about him as of right now.