The End of the Beginning Part 2

Third Person POV

Everyone was deathly silent. No one even dreamed that Annabeth would ever betray them. Gaea slowly fell asleep, back into an eternal slumber. It would take eons before she would awaken again.

The monsters had all perished and Leo and Hephaestus had just finished the last giant. Everyone watched the Son of Poseidon face off against Wisdom's Daughter. No one even thought they would see the day.

They were in a deadlock, having known each other for so long. They knew each other like the back of their hands. Every move, power, and ability the one had was known by the other. It was forever a stalemate.

Percy had tears running down his face. He didn't understand at all what was happening, he was confused. He chalked it up to mind control and began to try and speak to Annabeth. "Wise Girl," he barely spoke. "Snap out of it. What.....who did this to you?"

Annabeth looked at him and smirked. "Think I'm being controlled don't you," she crooned. "Poor Seaweed Brain, you think I'm doing this against my will." Percy felt his heart break, he still couldn't fathom what exactly was going on.

"I have been against the Gods since the fall of Luke. He was heralded as the Hero of Olympus, but you still got all the glory. Simply because you made one choice. I loved him. You let him die," she suddenly got furious and tears of rage were flowing from her eyes. "Gaea promised me that she'd bring him back, and that we could explore the world together once she took over." She made eye contact with Percy. "Interestingly enough, she feared your power. And theirs," she nodded to the other children of the Big 3.

"I was simply an insurance policy. Break their hero, break their spirit," she sneered. "Yet you won, you killed her. So as a last order of sorts, it's my job to kill you."

Percy had long stopped listening. All he could hear was the blood pounding in his ears. The sheer hurt he felt was all he could truly think about. It suddenly hit him. She never loved him. She used him, and only to ensure her place in the new world that would never come.

Fury. Anger. Kill. Kill. He stopped moving. Annabeth saw this as an opening and went in  for the kill. Percy smiled insanely, Annabeth saw it and was too late to pull out of the motion. Percy side stepped and held out his hand. Annabeth froze and started screaming unnaturally.

Poseidon looked down. He knew this power all to well, and only one of his previous children had it. The Gods who sparred with Poseidon knew as well. "Bloodbending," the Sea God was heard. This power hasn't been seen from a mortal or demigod in millenia.

The 7, Nico, and Thalia were shocked from the sudden turn of events. The other demigods looked on in shock, they were confused on what exactly happened. They were all still surprised about Annabeth joining the other side.

Percy walked up to Annabeth's frozen form and smiled insanely in her face. "Blood and Ichor are still liquids," he quietly said. The demigods and Gods looked on in sheer terror and shock. They were frozen but not by Percy.

"You know," Percy continued. "A lot happened in Tartarus when you were asleep. Quite a bit. Damasen and Bob took care of you while I went further to learn more about the Doors of Death."

He capped Riptide, and raised his hand. A double edged sword appeared out of thin air. One side made of mortal and Orthrytic silver, one side made of Celestial Bronze. "I ran into dear old Gramps. He was looking quite whole, though you could see where my father and uncles did their damage on his body."

"Grandpa Kronos and I weren't on the best of terms, but he was fading and fast. He gave me this." A gesture to the sword was made. "In hopes that I could, in his words, 'destroy his bastard half brothers'. To be honest I was against anything from him, that is, until he mentioned I could save you."