“Rainah?” I heard Xavier’s voice approaching me, he had someone else with him. “What the hell is going on?”

I looked up to see Xavier and Zoey in front of me. I just covered my face with my hands and shook my head. I could tell I was still crying.

“Zoey, get her in the car.” Xavier looked angry but not at me. “I’ll be back.”

***XAVIER’S POV***

I was more pissed right now then I had ever been at Will. I had no idea what the hell he had done, but he had definitely hurt Rainah.

She looked so broken, sitting on a wooden bench alone, freezing in the rain. Why the fuck would Will just leave her like this and get Zoey to come get her?

He had texted Zoey asking her to come get Rainah with no further explanation. She told me and I decided to come along to make sure Rain was okay.

Yes, I was protective of her, but that was because I understood her. I could relate to some things she felt.

Clearly she was not okay and it was Will’s fault.

I went up the elevator to his apartment planning to confront him. I barged into the room, finding him sitting with his head in his hands.

“What the fuck did you do to her?” I asked him angrily. He was being such a coward right now by not facing whatever was going on.

His head snapped up when he heard me. He glared icily. “Get out.”

“Not until you tell me what happened.” I replied. When he said nothing I continued. “You left her crying alone in the rain. You told her you’d never hurt her and you fucking lied.”

“She hurt herself and me, this is not completely my fault.” He snapped. I noticed he winced when I mentioned her crying in the rain.

When I registered what he had said, I knew what happened. He found out about the cutting. She knew she had been keeping this secret too long and she knew something like this would happen but she was too afraid to tell him.

Anger surged through me and I wanted to strangle him. I settled instead for punching him in the face.

“What the hell was that for?” he stood up, outraged. He clutched his left eye where I had hit him.

“Do you think that you reacting like this is helping her?”

“She should have thought about that and she doesn’t want my help.”

“She did think about it!” I yelled. “Every day she worried but she never wanted to hurt you! She needs your help now more then ever.”

I walked out of his apartment building feeling still pretty pissed at Will. I think it was too soon for him to grasp anything I had said.

I got in the car with Rainah and Zoey. Rain sat in the backseat, she wasn’t crying anymore but she still looked just as upset.

I decided I wouldn’t tell her I had screamed at Will and punched him, that wouldn’t make her feel any better. In fact, she’d probably be angry. I’d tell Zoey later.

Zoey drove us back to the house and we all went back inside. I took Rainah’s hand and we went upstairs to her room and sat on her bed.

“He found out.” She mumbled. “I should’ve told him instead of having him find out himself.”

“Probably.” I said, honestly. “You knew he’d have to figure it out at some point.”

“I wish it had happened differently. I hurt him so much.” She buried her face in a pillow.