Chapter Nineteen

Hi guys! Here's the next chapter :-) hope you enjoy it! Heartfelt moments :') oh yeah 4000+ READS?! OMG YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Keep it up, cause we really feel pumped up now and we've already completed the next chapter haha. ENJOY :-)

Short Recap:

"So, the truth...The truth is that we're werewolves." And right after that sentence the drug wore off, immediately revealing our werewolf scents. Cheryn and Lianne both gasped, and Jaxon froze completely, and I knew he could smell my scent very clearly. The scent of his mate.

(Recap Over)

Ever's POV

I watched as love, lust, confusion, anger, betrayal, and finally sadness wash over Jaxon's face. Watching him made tears well up again, but I couldn't cry. I had to stay strong. He started to get up, but in a flash Cam shot over held him down. "You promised not to move." Cam growled. "Don't even bother trying to fight. You're weak from Bleeding, and I'm way stronger than you in the first place, right now I can just snap your neck." Cam said lowly. "LEVI!" I growled. "I'm just joking." Cam mumbled. 'Didn't seem like you were joking.' I snarled into the mind link. I only called Cam by his middle name when I was really angry with him. 'Okay okay, I'm sorry! I'll make you a Cam's Special Strawberry Milkshake Deluxe later?' I could literally feel Cam's puppy dog eyes through the link. Damn puppy eyes! 'Fine.' I replied curtly. I turned back to Jaxon, who was looking at me with an undreadable expression.

"I'm so sorry, Jaxon." I said softly. "I won't ask you to forgive me, but will you at least listen to our explanation?" I looked at him pleadingly. After what seemed like hours of silence, he finally nodded. "Can I trust that you won't do anything if I release you?" Cam said threateningly. "Yes." Jaxon growled lowly. Cam shot back to my side immediately. I resisted the urge to smack him over the head for being overprotective. Now wasn't the time.

"Like you already know, we're werewolves. But we're not rogues, we swear that upon our pack's pride and honour. We mean no harm, only if your intentions are to harm and break the unwritten rules, but that is up for your judgement. We cannot tell you the anything about our pack, not even the name or location, just your knowledge of us is unheard of in itself, so please don't ask for more. We cannot tell you for what purpose we are here, nor how long we will be here. We cannot tell you how we hid our scent, and the reason why. We cannot tell you how strong we are, but we ARE strong. Do not mistake us being few in numbers now, as being weak. In other words, telling anyone outside the pack about us is forbidden. You are an exception, because of special circumstances." Cam nodded.

"And the special circumstance being Ever as Jaxon's mate. Truthfully, if she hadn't met Jaxon in the woods that day in her wolf form, he would have never known that he had found his mate, and perhaps after we finished our business here we would have left, and Jaxon would have been left mateless for life. But since they did meet, Jaxon started Bleeding because at that time, Ever was forbidden any contact with Jaxon as his mate. But you can also see his Bleeding as a fortunate thing, because if he hadn't Bled, Ever may have never been allowed to see Jaxon again after we finished what we had to do, much less tell you about this." A tear rolled down my cheek upon hearing Xavier's words. Deafening silence filled the room.

"Will you forgive us?" I asked them, when in truth I was pleading with Jaxon, to not reject me, to accept me as his mate, as I wanted him to right from the start. "Did you, even for a moment, not want me?" Jaxon said softly, looking into my eyes. Another tear rolled down my cheek, and I swiped it away, and shook my head quickly. "No. Not for a second since I met you did I not want you." I whispered, knowing he could hear me with werewolf hearing anyway. "If you were to reject me, or leave me forever, it would have never been of your will?" He asked. "Never of my will." I answered truthfully. "Do you love me?" he asked, not breaking eye contact. "Yes. I love you." It was the first time I said those three words out loud, but I said them without hesitation, and I meant them with every inch of myself. "Then there's nothing to forgive." He smiled, and his eyes were bright again, like they were before I broke his heart. Sobs rose again in my throat and I ran towards him, who welcomed me with open arms. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, resting his cheek on the top of my head as I sobbed. His embrace was so relieving and welcoming that I never wanted it to end. I felt him sigh in content, and I smiled softly. I refused to think about anything other than what I was experiencing now. Jason was here, and I could finally be happy with him. Nothing else mattered.