Chapter Twenty-Three

yo guyz lol zephyr here - nothing can express how sorry we are right now for not updating in eons :(((((( well the story's going to reach a small peak soon hehehehhe <3 thats xkies' part and yup wait for it! <3 a new character is coming hahahah :) muackz!

Ever’s POV

Yawning, I blinked my eyes open, stretching my hands up as I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. A smile stretched across my face when I remembered the previous day with Jaxon at the carnival. It was honestly the best date I ever had, since it was the first proper date I’ve had since birth. I’m just happy that I’ve gotten to spend it with Jaxon. I hopped off the bed, heading to the bathroom to freshen up. My eyes widened when I saw myself in the mirror. I actually looked genuinely happy. My normally dull blue eyes were bright with excitement, and my cheeks were rosy, with a hint of a smile on my lips. And it was all because of my mate, I thought, shaking my head. Jaxon would be even more full of himself, if that was possible.

Slipping on a baggy ‘Iron Maiden’ shirt and a pair of black jean shorts, I opened my door only to see a grinning Zack in my way.

“Zack, what are you doing up so early in the morning? It’s not like you at all,” I wondered, noting the mischievous glint in his eyes. He only turned around, tugging my hand as he dragged me to the living room. Once we were there, he plopped himself down on one of the sofas, gesturing for me to join him. I sat down cautiously, scooting away from him. He was up to something, I thought as he gave me his million-dollar smile that made girls fall at his feet. “Ever, you know you’re the best girl ever, right?” He blinked innocently. I crossed my arms. “Okay, spit it out now,” I ordered, and he threw his hands up in the air. “What is it with everyone when I’m acting so normal right now?”

Just then, Xavier walked past, looking at us curiously. “Hey guys, what are you doing?” I turned to him, pointing at Zack accusingly. “Xavier, he’s acting really weird! He’s planning something,” I glared at Zack. Xavier took a seat in the couch beside us, raising a brow at Zack. The person in question grumbled under his breath. “What? I just wanted to ask how her night was with Jaxon, alright!”

My jaw dropped. That was it? I assumed it was something worse! “You could have just said so,” I said, knocking him on his head. Xavier chuckled under his breath. “Actually, I want to know too.” He added, and both turned to look at me expectantly. I held up my hands. “W-wait, you guys are serious?” I asked dubiously, and they nodded in synchronisation. Since when were they so interested in my love life? I thought, suspecting that something was up. “Well no, I’m not telling,” I said, and Zack’s face fell. “Come on, Ever! Please, we won’t hurt him or anything!” he begged, and Xavier agreed readily. “Although if the date sucked, it’s an entirely different story,” Xavier added. “Yeah, no one deserves the best but our Ever,” Zack said proudly.

“Okay, okay! Just don’t interrogate Jaxon, that would be so embarrassing.” I mumbled under my breath. “It was pretty fun, and we went to a carnival and took almost all the rides,” I told them, and Zack mock yawned. “Psh, that’s so bor- ow!” He yelled when I punched his shoulder. “Don’t you dare continue that sentence, it was the best first date I could ever ask for,” I defended, narrowing my eyes at him. “Oh, and we bumped into Leroy and Whitney,” I continued, scowling as I remembered how she dared lay her filthy hands on my mate. Xavier looked curious. “Isn’t Leroy a cousin of Jaxon’s?” I nodded. “Yup, that’s him. He doesn’t have an exactly settling aura,” I added, imagining Leroy’s evil smirk in the forest when he was talking to Whitney. “We should keep an eye on him.”

Zack got up, a satisfied smirk on his face. “Oh well, at least Ever’s satisfied. Now I can report back to Cam that the date was acceptable,” he laughed, dodging the kick I sent to his head. “That’s what this was about?! Oh god,” I sighed exasperatedly, pretending not to hear Xavier’s chuckle. But I was smiling, because I really appreciated the thought that they cared about how I felt. It was better than not having anyone that cared at all.