Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Ever's POV.

I screeched into the parking lot Ripthorn High School on my bike, followed by Cam, Zack, then Xavier. I could feel everyone staring as we got off our bikes. I scanned the lot, realizing that we were the only ones with bikes, the flashiest car here was a neon green BMW. I covered my eyes. How tacky could people be here?

When I reopened them, the tacky car was still there but my brother stood in front of me. “Ev, you okay?” He looked at my face closely. I rolled my eyes. He was so paranoid. “Yes I’m okay, I just hate that tacky green car.” His concerned face was immediately replaced with a smirk. “It’s just a car with an ugly paint job.” I scowled at him.

We got into our formation; I was in the middle, Cameron and Zack beside me, Xavier behind. I had no idea why we had to do this. Apparently it was to protect me from ‘unsuspecting dangers’. Like what? Go ask that dimwit brother of mine. As we walked towards the school, I could hear whispers about us as we passed. Cam growled every time a guy said I was hot. Come on Cam, this is high school. There are guys. I’m a girl. PUT THAT IN YOUR DUMB HEAD! I shouted to him. Yeah dude, she is hot. Of course guys are interested. If she wasn’t your sister you would have asked her out or something by now. Zack chuckled. Xavier thumped Cam on the head. Cam scowled but when he heard girls complimenting him, he’s scowl changed into a full blown smirk. I rolled my eyes, muttering, “Immature.”

As we breezed past the humans, I caught scent of a few of the Ripthorn pack members, and I knew Zack, Xavier and Cameron did too. Remember our mission. Zack said, and we nodded. I headed off to my first class with Xavier, while Cameron and Zack headed the other way. Bye Cameron! I waved gleefully to him. Having my first class without him was an amazing start. He rolled his eyes and waved back, knowing what I was implying. I skipped off to English swinging Xavier’s hand beside me. What? I can be very happy when I want to. Xavier chuckled and everyone stared as we passed.

The bell just rang as we walked into English. The class was noisy, and everyone was talking. To me, this was a good thing, so we wouldn’t attract much attention. But I frowned when I realised most of the seats were already taken. Yo, Eve. I smell werewolves! Xavier nudged me. I sniffed the air and realised he was right. I scanned the classroom and saw Jaxon, the Alpha’s son, with his pack members. (and sluts, who were clinging to them like glue). I did a double take. Breathing in deeply to double check, i stared at Jaxon. I was definitely sure, that heavenly scent of forest and that unique, musky smell that made me want to bury my face in the crook of his neck...

MATE! My wolf screamed at me. Get closer, get closer, get closer. She chanted in my head.

Mate. I can’t believe it. I’ve been searching for my mate since i turned 16 a few months ago, i never expected to find him on one of my missions... At that thought, i trailed off, coming to a realization. I’m on a mission. I took the pills to change my scent. I’m a human now. My scent has changed. He wouldn’t recognize my scent. He wouldn’t know that I'm his mate. It was impossible. I would never be able to be with him. I would be Alpha female if i mated with Jaxon, the existence of the Midnight Pack would have to come to light, and then the power balance would be tipped, and all we’ve worked for would be nothing. Eve......are you okay? You found your mate? The Ripthorn Alpha’s son....We’ll figure something out.... The guys, having heard my thought because my mind block was down due to my shock, whispered worriedly through the mind link. I gripped Xavier’s hand tighter, and he put his other hand on my back, rubbing soothingly.

He had messy dirty blond hair, intense hazel eyes, and even from here i could see that he was tall, at least as tall as guys from my pack, and very well built. He was a heart stopper.