Chapter Fourteen

Hi Guys! :) Sorry for not updating for so long, we won't bother giving any excuses because it's not worth it haha. Anyways enjoy! The next chapter will be super super super super <3

Chapter Fourteen

Ever’s POV

Growling, I shook the dirt off my fur. Stupid dimwitt. I’m already in a bad mood, and yet you just had to make it worse? Well, that was partly because I didn’t want to go to school today, and my wolf just happened to be in a sappy mood and wanted to see her lovely mate, so we got into a little argument. Which ended by me screaming at her and her demanding we go on a run to calm ourselves down. And I agreed. But instead of getting a nice, peaceful run through the forest in the morning, we crash into a stupid wolf who just can’t seem to see where the heck he or she is going. Oh, he/she is soooo going to get it now. I snarled, and jumped into an attacking stance, about to strike, when I noticed the wolfy grin on the wolf’s face.

Wait a minute. I took a sniff on the air, and inhaled sharply when I could detect Jaxon’s husky, wood-like scent. Shit, oh shit! My eyes widened in realization, and I backed away slowly. My wolf, on the other hand, was leaping in excitement. Oh, our mate is here! The fates have- oh cut the crap please, we can’t let him find out about us now! I snapped at my wolf. She stopped her sappy cheer at once. Jaxon was still staring at us with hearts in his eyes. I used this moment to call for the guys through the mind link.

“CAMERON, ZACK, XAVIER, ANYONE THERE?!” I screamed into the link, and all three of them immediately scrambled to reply me.

“We’re here! What’s the problem? If it’s someone trying to hit on you, Ever, I swear I’ll-” I cut off Cam’s ranting.

“It’s not me, it’s Jaxon! I met him on the run and he knows he found his mate, but he knows it’s not me! I need backup, just in case!” I spoke quickly, noticing Jaxon was now grinning at me. “Shit, he’s coming! I’ll try to outrun him while waiting for you guys, hurry up!” I cut off the link, and backed up, snarling at him, trying to get him to move away. My wolf didn’t like that at all, instead she pushed forward to meet him. Oi! What the hell are you trying to do? I shouted at my wolf. She didn’t respond, instead yipping happily when Jaxon’s wolf walked towards her as well. Or instead, walking towards me.

Shit, shit, shit! I dug the heels of my paws into the ground, trying to stop my wolf from getting any closer. Jaxon’s wolf tilted his head, his tongue lolling out of his mouth. I tried to resist the attraction, but honestly all I wanted to do was run over to him and pounce on him. My wolf itched to be united with her mate, and I wanted nothing more but to do that, but I couldn’t. The feeling was horrible.

While I was fighting my wolf, Jaxon’s wolf came over and plopped himself in front of me, gazing at my wolf adoringly. I blinked, realising that we were now face to face. We stared each other for a while, before he leaned forward slowly. I held my breath, trying to control my suddenly erratic heartbeat. My wolf howled, finally happy that she was with her wolf. I closed my eyes, waiting for whatever was coming.

After a few seconds, when nothing came, I opened my eyes confusedly, only to see, or more like feel, his tongue lick my face. I yipped, wiping my paws over my face, and heard him barking his laughter. Oh, so he thought that was funny? I growled playfully, then snapped at his feet, which he avoided easily. His eyes glinted with mischief, and I suddenly found myself darting through the forest, leaping over fallen logs and my paws pounding on the ground.

I heard Jaxon howl, which meant that he accepted the challenge and was starting to chase my wolf. My wolf, on the other hand, tried to take control and push us forward. She loved it when she was chased; the adrenaline rush was exhilarating.

‘Ever! Are you there? We’re waiting outside the forest!’ Cam’s voice suddenly echoed in my head. I snapped out of my mate-trance. The whole time I was with Jaxon, I totally forgot to remove the mental block. ‘Oh shit! Yes I’m heading in that direction, Jaxon’s chasing me!’ My wolf howled sadly, she wanted to be chased. Me too, but we have to do what’s right. We can have fun later. I told her, and her ears drooped, but she nodded. I ran faster, hearing Jaxon’s wolf slightly further away from me.

‘I’m almost there!’ I yelled, the guys giving the OK that they were ready in case Jaxon came out as well. I leapt out of the forest, catching a shirt Zack threw my way in my jaw, shifting at the same time and throwing the shirt over my head. Yeah, I had lots of practice at doing this. I ran and jumped on Zack’s bag, and he started running away from the forest towards his bike, which was parked on the grass. Well, I could have ran myself, but I was only in a shirt, which came up to mid-thigh, so...

We quickly got on the bike, and Zack zoomed off. When we were just a few metres away, I heard a loud howl, and my wolf whined. Our mate! She said, stirring. He’s calling for us! I tightened my hold on Zack, trying my best not to jump off the bike and shift and run back towards the woods. ‘Calm down, Ever, just hang in there,’ Zack tried to calm me down but it didn’t really have an effect on me, I just snapped at my wolf, trying to get her to stop taking control.

After a while, we reached the pack house and I jumped off the bike, running to my room before slamming the door and burying my face in my pillows. Why did this have to be so hard? I just closed my eyes and tried not to think about it, eventually drifting off and falling asleep.