Chapter Four

Hellooooo! Here is Chapter Four! Hope you like the cover! We're aware that we're not good, but please continue reading our story anyway, and...

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! 

it doesn't have to be long or anything, just a one word comment is okay tooo :) 

Chapter Four

Ever’s POV:

I choked on my apple pie as Ryan told me another hilarious episode of Diego’s most embarrassing moments (peeing in his pants when asking a girl out) and I think he seemed to get a kick out of watching Diego squirm. But Diego was just as quick, retorting another totally cringe-worthy moment of Ryan’s. Watching them go at each other made me relax and forget about Jaxon. Xander was kind of paying attention, his hand slung over my chair and his head slightly bowed, but you could tell he was listening to them quarrel.

Hey Cam, you know they kind of sound like you and Ev when you guys fight? Zack interrupted. Xavier coughed to hide his laughter. Yeah, you’re right! They really do sound like that. I scowled at Cam, who smirked back, but of course teasingly. I loved picking on him, and so did he. We were always like that since we were little kids.

Elaine and Natalie were sitting with us as well, and they were doubled over laughing, with tears in their eyes. For the first time in my life, I felt like a normal, high school girl. Sitting with friends and laughing during lunch, going for lessons and not paying attention. I felt really happy and relaxed. I was truly enjoying myself.

I sank back further into my chair and closed my eyes, blocking out the noise in the cafeteria. I just wanted to get some shut-eye before the next lesson, but then I smelled his scent. Jaxon’s.

My eyes flew wide open, and I immediately tensed up. Cam, Xavier and Zack could feel my tension and discomfort through the link and they tensed and moved closer to me. Diego and the others looked at us weirdly. I didn’t turn my head, but I could smell his scent coming closer to us. Oh no. No, no, no, no. Don’t stop here, please! I snapped my eyes shut. I didn’t think I could handle seeing the slut wrapped around him again.

I heard footsteps approach our table and stop. I didn’t open my eyes, but I was holding my breath, still hoping that they would stop awhile to talk then pass. All I heard was silence, and I was quite curious. Had they gone yet? 'Ever, don’t open your eyes. He’s right in front of-' Zack’s warning was interrupted as Jaxon spoke.

“Hey guys. Cameron, Xavier, Zack. And you guys too. Mind if Ever sits with us?” He acknowledged all of them, but the question was directed at me specifically. I bit my lip to stop the sigh that was threatening to escape me whenever I heard his husky voice, and always made me shiver. I sighed, this was unavoidable. I opened my eyes.

Jaxon stood in front of me with the slut still clinging to him. I rubbed my eyes. She really was an eyesore. I kind of pitied Jaxon for having to put up with her always clinging to him. I took a deep breath and let it out with a whoosh. Here goes nothing.

“Sorry, I didn’t hear you. You were saying?” I stretched my arms over my head and leaned into Xavier, who immediately slung an arm over my shouder. 'Guys, I’m scared. What if I don’t keep this act up for long?' I tried to act casual, but my wolf was screaming at me to stop rejecting him and to show the bitch who’s boss. Xavier rubbed my shoulder soothingly. 'Hang in there, Ev. We’ll figure something out.' I looked up at Jaxon, who looked unruffled, as if he was used to me rejecting him already. “I said, want to sit with us? At our table?” He gestured towards his pack.

I pretended to think about it for a few seconds. “Um, let me think. How about, no?” I smiled, and nodded at him. “I’m okay sitting here with Diego and my other friends.” Zack coughed to hide a laugh, and Cam seemed to be trying to hide his smirk. Jaxon seemed really determined to get me to sit with him, and I really wanted to. But I couldn’t. I wanted to scream. He really was making this hard for me! But it kind of made me laugh, his reaction to me rejecting him was pretty funny.