Chapter Seven

Ever’s POV

One minute I was arguing with Jaxon, the next, his lips were on mine. I was so shocked I didn't respond at first, but then I kissed him back. He tasted so good, I couldn't get enough of him.

He growled and pulled me closer to him, so that we were chest to chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands were around my waist. He kissed me hard, and I held back a moan when he left my lips to kiss my jaw. My brain couldn't and wouldn't function. His kisses made me weak.

He trailed kisses along my jawline, and I ran my fingers through his hair. His lips went down to the curve of my neck and I felt a moment of panic and pushed him away, panting. What was I thinking? He could have marked me and then where would I be now? A lot of trouble that’s what. Jaxon wrapped his arms tight around me, his cheek against my neck. “You do belong to me, Ever.” I put my arms around him, hugging him tightly, relishing the feel of him in my arms. “No, I don’t.” I pulled back, looking into his dark hazel eyes. “I’m sorry, Jaxon.” I whispered before turning and running back to the direction of the house, trying not to lose control as I felt the pain of leaving him in my chest.

Jaxon’s POV.

I watched as she ran further and further away, feeling an odd sense of pain in my chest, cursing myself for not reacting fast enough to stop her from leaving. Now she was just a speck in the distance, and I’m still so stunned from the kiss that I can’t go after her. I’ve never felt a kiss like that with anybody. But why did she run? I know she loved the kiss as much as I did. Damn, I was nearly going to mark her, my wolf was practically screaming at me for not marking her. And whats with that apology?

Ever’s POV.

As soon as got through the front door I launched myself into Cam’s arms, who was lying down on the counch watching a football game. “What’s wrong, Ever? Did something happen?” Cam asked, concerned. I nodded, trying not to cry.. “I met Diego when I was jogging just now, he asked me out, and I agreed. I know its not right with the mate thing and everything, but it might take my mind off things, and I’m not planning to lead him on. But that’s not the thing I wanted to talk about. Jaxon heard me agreeing to the date, and went all ‘possesive mate’ on me. He kissed me, Cam. And I almost let him mark me! I don’t think I can take too much of this. It hurt too much to walk away.” Tears starting leaking from the corners of my eyes. “I just....I want him too much! It aches not to be with him....It feels like there’s something missing, like I’m not complete, I feel so lost without him!” I sobbed, burying my face in Cam’s chest. He didn’t say anything, just held me as I cried.

I didn’t know how long I sat there, just crying, while Cam held me in his arms. He didn’t say anything the whole time. After I had finished crying my eyes out, I looked up at him, and he was looking at me. He wiped away my tears with his hands. “Are you done?” He whispered, and I nodded. Cam carried me bridal-style to my room, and I sat cross-legged on my bed. I saw his shirt, stained with my tears, and I wanted to cry again. His face didn’t show any emotion as he walked out, leaving me alone. I curled up into a ball. No matter how much I wanted to cry and sob, I couldn’t. I had already run out of tears.

I felt so weak. I felt like there was a huge, gaping hole in my chest, and it was so painful. My wolf howled sadly for her mate, and I choked back a sob. I missed his lips on mine. The way he held me close to him like I was the most important thing in the world. Oh God, I just missed him. I buried my face in my pillow and screamed so no one could hear me. This was so hard. Why did I have to find my mate now? I sobbed into my pillow quietly, not knowing that Cam, Zack and Xaiver were in an anxious discussion downstairs. Cam’s POV

“We can’t let this go on anymore. I don’t think I can handle her being hurt much longer.” I muttered, Zack and Xavier nodding. “She’s suffering so much already. We have to tell Alpha and the Luna.” Xavier replied, and I grabbed my phone from the table and started dialling my mom and dad’s number. We had the Alpha and Luna’s number, of course, but this was kind of personal at the moment.