Chapter Thirteen

Hi Guys :) Just realised it's been 3 MONTHS since last time we updated. anyways, it's Zee here and Xkies is busy writing our other story, Love Or Rivalry. Be sure to check that out too and tell us what you think. But one important thing; 30 VOTES OMG THATS AMAZING thank you so much! <3 we'll definitely keep updating for sure ;)

Chapter Thirteen

Ever's POV

As soon as we reached the pack house, I ran into my room and shut the door, then jumped on the bed and buried my face in my pillow. They finally knew the truth. It kind of made me feel better, because I knew that I wasn’t hiding anything from them, at least. I sighed loudly, making the escaped feathers from my pillow blow out, slowly sinking in the air. Actually, I was kind of tired from the whole thing; I was scared that I would have to injure them or worse, kill them. Apart from the fight with Ryan, there was no other fights. And they were surprised, but they didn’t attack us, probably because they knew that we would’ve kicked their butts anyway.

I felt a vibration under my pillow, and I peeked under it to find my phone blinking. Checking it, I realised the message was from Lianne, and a few missed calls from her as well. I was confused. What was so important that she had to call me so many times? I scrolled through my contacts and found her number and tapped on it, putting the phone to my ear. The phone rang thrice before she picked up. “Hello? Ever?” she sounded flustered. “Hi Lianne, why did you call me so many times? Is something wrong?”She brightened up. “Oh, Ever! Listen, you know what’s coming soon?” “Um-” “Wait for it,” I waited. “THE HALLOWEEN BALL!” She screamed into my ear. I held the phone away, wincing but laughing. “That’s it? Sheesh, Lianne. You scared me for a while.” I could almost imagine her rolling her eyes. “What do you mean, ‘that’s it’? It’s really important you know.” She huffed.

I rolled off my bed and sat up, listening to her rant about how she didn’t have anything to wear. These kind of school events didn’t mean anything to me; it was just another night at school where teenagers went to party and hook up and get wasted. It wasn’t my type of scene. I preferred just staying at home, honestly.

“Oi, Ever! Are you even listening to me?” Lianne sounded annoyed. I snapped out of my trance. “Sorry, sorry! I’m just really exhausted now.” I heard some noises in the background before she responded. “It’s okay, I’m kind of tired too. We’ll talk tomorrow during school, okay?” I agreed, then she hung up. I tossed my phone onto my bedside table and shrugged out of my clothes, which seemed really heavy now. I grabbed one of Cam’s old shirts and a pair of shorts before jumping into bed and pulling up the covers. I was so drained of energy, I felt like I could collapse any moment. I dozed off almost immediately, not hearing my phone ring again.

Cheryn’s POV

I chomped on my Cheerios eagerly. God, I was so hungry! I skipped dinner yesterday because of Lianne’s annoying rambling about the Halloween Ball and how she didn’t have anything to wear. After that I just didn’t have any appetite to eat at all. I took a sip of my orange juice as my phone buzzed on the countertop. I looked at the screen. It just happened to be from Jaxon. He had been bothering me and Lianne about Ever every day, especially asking her phone number. To be honest, I wanted to give it to him, for once. They seemed like a pretty cute couple, but then I didn’t want to just give her to him. When they looked at each other, you could almost guess they were mates, but they weren’t. If Jaxon had found his mate, he’d be bursting to tell us and show her to us. That was another reason. I didn’t want Ever to be heartbroken when Jaxon found his mate.

Lianne came bouncing down the stairs, grinning widely. “Good morning Cheryn!” I grumbled in reply, and she raised an eyebrow. “Well, good morning to me too.” She said sarcastically as she opened the fridge to look for something to eat. “You don’t deserve a good morning since you were the one who kept me up last night.” I shot her a glare as I continued to eat. She rolled her eyes. “Don’t be so immature, Cheryn! The ball is-” I interrupted her. “Really important, I know.” She smiled at me. “Good that you know, because we are going to go shopping after school today.” I groaned and banged my head on the countertop lightly. “Are you serious? We just went two weeks ago!” She scoffed. “That wasn’t even considered shopping.” I made a face at her, and she smiled victoriously, knowing that she had won. “We can tell Ever later in school.” Lianne pulled me from my seat. “Come on, Jaxon already from left for school.” She dragged me out of the house and I plopped down in the Lamborghini. It was Jaxon’s, and he hardly used it, so we just took it when we wanted to.

Jaxon’s POV

My wolf howled as we ran through the forest. I needed to go for a run before school, or I wouldn’t be able to control myself anymore. Ever since that day, I just felt weird. I felt empty, like a part of me was missing. When she ran away, my wolf was growling at me to go chase her and grab her and- I cut off that train of thought. It was hard enough being away from her for the weekend. I just wanted to run my hands through her silky black hair and kiss her until her lips turned red. I missed her vanilla and strawberry scent, and- Wait a minute. I sound like a lovesick puppy. I shook my head. Did I want a mate? Was she even my mate? Fuck, this was so complicated.

My wolf growled. Of course we want a mate! We need her to be complete! I growled right back at him. So? We don’t need a clingy girlfriend. I can get all the girls I want. And what if she’s ugly? My wolf snarled. Ugly? Our mate will never be ugly. She’s the most beautiful girl in the world. I blocked my wolf from then on. I didn’t need to hear his rants about how gorgeous our mate was, if we ever found her in the first place. But if Ever was our mate... I didn’t know. There were so many problems; firstly, she was human. It would be dangerous for her to get involved in our world.

Ugh, fuck this shit. I came out here for a run, not to get confused all over again! My wolf howled, and we ran faster, our paws pounding on the ground as we sped past trees and fallen logs. Suddenly, a black figure flew in front of us and I couldn’t stop fast enough. We crashed onto the ground, and I immediately got up, snarling at the figure which was still on the ground. I sniffed the air. I didn’t recognise the scent, but it was definitely a werewolf. I growled lowly, as the figure got up and shook off the dirt from itself, then turned to face me.

My jaw dropped, and I realised that I was looking at the most gorgeous, midnight black wolf I had ever seen in my life.

And this wolf just happened to be my lovely mate.

Committed To DutyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara