𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖉 𝕿𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊 𝕰𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

Once there was a little boy named Steve. Steve loved science and was given a huge chemistry set for his birthday. His mother had just bought a new tube of toothpaste and Steve decided to mix it with some chemicals to see what would happen. Steve finished an hour later with purple toothpaste. He didn't know how it happened; it was a pretty blue gel one minute and the next thing he knew, it was bright purple.

     One day Steve came home from school to discover that his house was completely empty. This was odd though, because his mother was usually home on Thursdays. He went to his parents' bedroom to find, with some shock and surprise, that the wiggly purple blob of toothpaste was sitting on the bed. Only now it was larger and it was pulsating. It had grown from the size of a penny to the size of the desk in his father's study. One of his mother's feet protruded from the mass as it continued feeding. Steve screamed and ran from the house never to be heard from again.

     Twenty years later, a single mother bought the house and moved herself and her two children into it. They were all unpacked in three days.  A week later the woman's son was bringing some boxes to the attic where he discovered the large, sticky, purple mass. He was curious and he poked at it with a finger. The slime sucked at his finger and the boy laughed...until his flesh began to be torn off. 

     The slime enveloped the boy and consumed him then oozed it's way down the stairs and out the door. It terrorized the town, catching and eating one hundred and sixty-two people. Not even a vat of the strongest acid could stop it. Steve, hearing the news from his hometown, returned to stop his rampaging creation. 

     At first he didn't know what to do but finally he realized that people were trying too hard to get rid of it the slime. He attended an emergency town meeting to try to explain but nobody would listen to him. They ran him out of town hall for creating the monster in the first place.

     However the next night, the beast disappeared, never to terrorize the small town in Pennsylvania again. Nobody knew where it went. The whole world heard about it, but nobody could find it or figure it out. Nobody, that is, except for Steve. He had lured it inside an airtight plexiglas container and shipped it to a factory belonging to his uncle. The pair secretly made millions by packaging Steve's creation into plastic tubes and selling it as kids' toothpaste. "Eats the scum right off your teeth!" the slogan read. Of course he kept a bit for himself, using the sticky blob to brush his teeth every night before bed.

     Now how does that rank on the gross-out factor? Bet you'll never look at your toothpaste the same way again! In the tradition of "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" this story is not a scary story

     Now how does that rank on the gross-out factor? Bet you'll never look at your toothpaste the same way again! In the tradition of "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" this story is not a scary story. This story is meant to make you laugh. I dedicate this to my seventh grade science teacher, Mr. Radocaj--the craziest, wackiest and most fun teacher I ever had!