𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖎𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖗

Once there was a young boy named Terry. He was your average boy. He hated homework, he loved to climb trees, and he LOVED to play pranks on his older sister, Alexandra.

     One day, he planned another prank to pull. He was going to find an excuse to leave the house and call his sister from a pay phone. Then he was going to make up some baloney message to say when his sister picked up the phone. He hoped that the message would make Alexandra flip her lid.

     His mother provided the perfect excuse. She gave him some money and told him to go to the corner store and pick up some groceries. On his way home, he stopped at a pay phone and after inserting his quarter, he called his house. "I'll get it!" shouted Alexandra from upstairs since she had a phone in her room. "Hello?" she said into the phone.

     On the other end, her brother muffled his voice with his hand and said, "I am out to get you!" Then he laughed hysterically and hung up.

     Alexandra hung up the phone, deeply disturbed. She thought for a minute of her brother. Could it have been him, she wondered. No, it couldn't have. He can't change his voice THAT great. Anyway, the voice I heard sounded like an adult, definitely not a twelve year-old.

     Just then her brother called, "I'm home!" from downstairs. He dumped the groceries on the counter, scooped up the cupcakes he had taken the liberty of buying without his mother's permission, and ran upstairs to his sister's room. He paused in the doorway to her room and with a mouth full of chocolate cupcake said, "So, did you get any weird phone calls lately?" Then he began to giggle uncontrollably.

     "It was you!" she shouted at him. "I'm going to pound you into the floor for that one! You scared me to death!" she yelled, chasing him through the hall and down the front stairs.

     Alexandra caught her brother and gave him the promised pounding of noogies and other physical annoyances. Their mother heard all the commotion and ran into the room. "What is going on here?" she demanded in an angry tone.

     "Nothing mom, she just attacked me for no good reason!" replied Terry with an, "I am totally innocent" look on his face.
     "Mom, you are not going to believe that, are you?"
     "I will unless you give me a logical explanation for chasing your brother through the house!" snapped their mother angrily.

     "Mom, Terry called me from a pay phone or something and muffled his voice so it didn't sound like him. Then he said some really creepy message and scared me out of my wits! I thought some psycho decided to make me his next victim!" cried Alexandra.
     "And just how did you know for sure that it was him?" asked her mother with her hands on her hips, obviously not amused.
     "Because as soon as he came home, he ran to my room and asked, 'Did you get any weird phone calls lately?' and started laughing hysterically!"

     Their mother considered this to be evidence enough. She grounded them both though. She grounded Terry for the mean trick and Alexandra for chasing him through the entire house and disturbing her napping.

     The kids were mad, but this time it was directed at their mother. "I can't believe she grounded us," said Terry as he kicked the wall.
     "I know," sighed his sister.
     "She grounded us for 'calling' and 'creaming'! I mean, come on! How lame is that? I mean, you had the right to pound me! I deserved it! Come on, Alexandra. Let's go find something to do." Terry went to the upstairs closet and returned with his favorite board game. He gave his sister a pouty face and she agreed to play with a wide grin because of the look her brother was giving her. They settled onto her brother's bedroom floor and they began the game.