• twenty •

//Song: Where's My Love - SYML (yep, this is their theme, been holding on to this one forever too)

Dedicated to the winner of the fanfiction contest  Pandiabit!

Your work is truly fantastic. I loved reading every sentence. Check out the story "To Dim the Light of a Flame" a story that literally made me fall in love with my own character lol

●●●●●●●●●

We found a large tree that overlooked the picturesque scenery to bury the man under. I felt peace in the Light magic within me with the decision.

Julian spectered a shovel to him, then a second at my insistence and we started to work. We dug the hole without magic. It didn't even come up though we could have easily done it without the back-breaking work. It didn't feel right if we did and Julian not once brought it up. Instead, he broke ground where I pointed and began to dig. When it was deep enough, we stopped and I began to gather large stones from nearby for a marker.

Julian spectered the man's body to us and gently laid him in the hole. He spectered out and stood next to me as I looked at the white bundle in the dark ground.

Julian took my hand and gently kissed my temple. "Anything you want to say?" He whispered.

I shook my head and we began to cover him.

It was twilight when I finished setting the stones in place over his grave. The purple hue of the sky was breathtaking behind the snowcapped mountains on the horizon. It was just like Skryen.

I hid a smile, there wasn't a reason to hide from Skryen now.

If my place wasn't in the Keep or in the human world, could it possibly be in Skryen?

With Julian?

My heart beat wildly at the possibility. There wasn't anything keeping us apart now.

Julian placed his shovel against a nearby tree and ran his hands over his face. "Gods, I need a shower."

I looked at his dirt-streaked face and neck, the only parts of his skin exposed. I examined my own blistered hands. I could only imagine what I looked like. "That's not a bad idea."

"We'll go to the Keep," he said. "We can figure things out from there." He extended a hand to me.

I bit my lip watching him. "What if we stay?"

Julian raised an eyebrow. "Stay in Elysium overnight?"

I nodded, looking at the sky. "I still have something I have to do here for Azazeal. I'm not sure where I have to go and I don't know if I can find it at night."

"It's not smart to explore unknown areas at night," he added.

I nodded then shrugged. "I figured." I watched the sprites rise from the trees with the setting sun. "And I want to see Elysium at night. We can start in the morning."

He nodded. "All right. I'm going to look for a place we can stay." He looked around. "There has to be something around here somewhere." He turned to the courtyard then stopped. "You should come with me."