Ch. 23 Plane Escape

"I don't need to answer to someone with the likes of you." He replied, defensively.

"Guys cut it out. We need to focus on getting on the plane." Kirstie interrupted as they glared at each other.

"Are you gonna let go of me?" Mitch quizzed, raising an eyebrow.

Avi sighed but reluctantly released his arm. Kevin moved forward and Mitch was next in line.

"ID?" The TSA agent asked, looking bored and ready to go home.

"Here you go." Mitch said, handing it to him.

He didn't even look at it, just scanned the barcode and handed it back. Just when he was about to let Mitch go, he did a double take at the computer and looked at Mitch.

"Uh, this doesn't look like you." He observed suspiciously.

"Oh really? Are you sure?" Mitch coaxed, and the man turned the screen around.

"You and this person are not one in the same." They declared, looking more awake.

Mitch just smiled and grabbed his hand.

"I know it doesn't look like me, but it's a pretty old picture." He purred, turning on his charm. "You know, a lot can happen in a few months."

"Right... of course." The agent said, his voice sounding a bit slurred.

"Don't worry, I'll be sure to get a renewed one before I go to another airport." Mitch promised.

"Okay... have a nice flight, Mr. Armando." They murmured as Mitch let go of them.

"Will do." He laughed, and he skipped past the man.

Avi just stared at Mitch as he walked over to where Kevin was and started taking off his jacket.

"That's not fair." He muttered as he stepped forward.

"Oh come on, Avi. Let him be. If you hadn't noticed, we have a few other things to worry about." Kirstie reminded him, getting her own ID ready.

"I guess you're right." He said, and handed his ID card to the agent.

"I'm always right."

After an eye roll and a few quick scans, he and Kirstie were right behind Kevin and Mitch who were in a small argument.

"Mitch, they're going to see all of it." Kevin argued.

"Not if I distract them." Mitch countered. "Besides, I've done it before. I can do it again."

Kevin just rolled his eyes and put his things in a tray for the small conveyor belt. He stepped through the metal detector as his items were x-rayed. Mitch took off his shoes and put them in the tray along with his other stuff. When they started to ride through the machine, he quickly got the attention of the lady looking over the screen.

"Um, desculpe. I have a quick question." He said, and she looked at him.

"What is it?" She asked, looking as tired as the man scanning the ID cards.

"I know now probably isn't the best time to ask this, but I need to know. Who did your hair?"

She paused and briefly looked up towards her hair.

"I did." She responded, and Mitch gasped.

"You're kidding! Really?"

"Sim, I just put something together because I was in a rush."

"Well, if this is you 'putting something together', then I would love to see what it looks like when you have time to make it even more beautiful!" He complimented excitedly.