Chapter 35

"Anything your heart desires, Ace – name it," Logan whispered as they walked into the upscale jewelry store in the heart of London. Logan had pulled some strings to get a private appointment at Harry Winston, and that was only the beginning of what he had up his sleeve for Rory. He was over-the-moon happy that she had agreed to marry him, and he wanted to ensure that everything was exactly as she'd always dreamed.

After breakfast, he had slipped into the study while Rory took a shower and got ready for the day. He'd first placed a call to his father to ensure that he could have the weekend off and then had gone into action arranging other details. They'd immediately decided that they wanted the people they were closest to with them when they wed, so he'd made arrangements to have Tristan, Paris, and Steph fly in at the end of the week. Chris and Lorelai would fly in on Wednesday so they could help see to final details, and Colin and Finn were going to stay until after the wedding as well. Logan didn't care to have his parents present for the wedding, and Honor and Josh couldn't make the trip out on such short notice. Their little wedding party of seven would be perfect for them.

The newly-engaged couple was shown to a private VIP room where they were shown a countless number of rings until they found just what they wanted. Rory's face lit up when she saw the Belle Round Brilliant Diamond Micropave engagement ring with the matching band and Logan knew instantly that was the one. While she snuck out for a quick restroom break, he also purchased the matching Belle pendant and earstuds to match as a wedding present. For Logan, they chose a thick platinum band with a single diamond in the center that mirrored the style of Rory's rings.

Fresh off of their success at the jeweler, Logan took Rory to a quiet lunch at a nearby pub and then had the driver drop him at the flat before taking Rory to London's premier designer bridal boutique to look for a dress. His mission while she was finding the perfect gown? Look for a wedding venue and begin to make arrangements for other details.

*** *** *** *** ***

*** *** *** *** ***

Rory took a deep breath and walked into the exclusive London bridal shop where Logan had managed to get her a same-day appointment. She had insisted that she didn't mind just going to a local department store to pick out an evening gown, but Logan was adamant that she have the experience that she deserved. Seeing how important it was to him, she had finally agreed.

Rory was greeted by her consultant, Chelsea, and quickly taken to a private area where she could try on dresses without being seen by the local paparazzi or public. She and Logan knew that they wouldn't be able to keep their marriage a secret – and really, neither of them wanted to – but they were hoping to keep it under wraps until after they'd tied the knot in order to avoid the circus that would come with family and the media knowing beforehand.

"So Rory," Chelsea began as they sat down, "I'm delighted to help you find your dream dress. I understand from your husband-to-be that we'll need to find something off-the-rack or that can be altered by the end of the week and that we don't need to be respectful for a budget?"

Rory laughed and took a sip of the champagne in front of her. "Yes, it's rather impulsive, but we're very excited. Logan and I are both from Hartford society back in the States, and with him being the heir to the Huntzberger empire as well, we garner quite a bit of media attention. Then you add in well-meaning but overbearing family...well, we'd rather just get married quickly and quietly with my parents and a few friends in attendance and then let the chips fall where they may when the word gets out. We want to do this on our terms. And as for budget, he's correct there as well," she explained. Her mom and dad had instantly insisted that she use her American Express Black Card to purchase whatever dress and accessories she fell in love with, regardless of cost. She had initially put up a fuss, but Chris had been firm.