Chapter 35

"Morning, Ace," Logan whispered as he felt Rory's body stretch along his. Her bare skin felt wonderful next to his. This was certainly his favorite way to wake up.

"Mmm...morning, baby," she purred. "How did you sleep?

"Better than I've managed to sleep since the day I left you," he admitted.

"Me, too," she agreed. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for work?"

"You trying to rush me out of bed?" he chuckled.

"No, not at all," Rory giggled. "Just didn't want the boss getting in trouble for being late."

Logan moved to nuzzle her neck and pulled her body closer to his. "I'm not the boss - not yet - and I talked to Mitchum and told him that I wanted to take the day off so I could spend it with my amazing girlfriend who changed her summer plans so she could be with me."

"And that worked?" she asked with a laugh.

"Miraculously, it did. He seems to really like you. Speaking of which, I need to talk to you about something..." Logan trailed off.

"Can it wait? I had more pressing things on my mind," she replied seductively as she wiggled her ass closer to Logan and heard him groan.

He trailed his fingers down her side, leaving a trail of goosebumps in their wake, and began moving his hips against her. He was quickly working her into quite a state. She reached behind her and stroked him a few times and he quickly moved her leg on top of his and adjusted their position so he could slide into her warmth. She trembled under his attentions and arched into him, craving more.

"God, I missed this," she moaned. Logan growled his agreement and began nipping and kissing her neck, causing her climax to erupt unexpectedly. He followed quickly after her and they both laid there still joined as their heart rates returned to normal.

"I love you, Ace," whispered Logan.

"Mmm...I love you too," she agreed. "How about a shared shower to start our day?"

"Sounds perfect."

Logan quickly stood from the bed and threw Rory over his shoulder to carry her to the bathroom. They made love again in the shower, not coming out until the substantial hot water supply had run out. After getting dressed they moved to the kitchen to start coffee and cook breakfast together.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Rory asked while she whisked eggs to scramble and Logan fried french toast.

"I actually need to talk to you about that, but I would prefer to wait until we're sitting down to eat so I'm not focused on not burning our toast."

"Sure," Rory agreed. They quickly finished cooking breakfast and then sat down across from each other at the table to eat. "It seems like something's on your mind?" Rory prodded over a sip of coffee.

Logan quickly swallowed and nodded. "There is, actually." He crossed the room and picked up the envelope from Mitchum and then walked back to the table and sat it down in front of Rory. "I want you to see this and then we'll talk."

Rory picked up the envelope and pulled the papers out, straightening them in front of her as she continued to tuck into her french toast. She quickly read through the contract Mitchum had drawn up and signed and then looked up at Logan. "This is a good thing, right?" she asked.

"That depends on how you feel about it, really. I'm expected to lead HPG into the future, but you're not obligated to help run the company. I would love to have you by my side, and I think we'd be a formidable team, but it's your call," Logan assured her.

Rory thought quietly for a few minutes and then looked up with a smile. "I think we would be a strong team as well, and I would love to join the HPG management team after we're married," she agreed.

Logan exhaled the breath he'd been holding and returned her smile. "I'm really glad, Ace. There's something else, but I wanted you to know about that before we have this second conversation. I've been thinking...what would you say to going away for a weekend while you're here and eloping? I know we'd talked about getting married quietly when I graduate, but I don't want to wait," Logan rambled.

Rory's dropped her fork and looked at Logan in shock. He wanted to get married now? She stared at him for a minute, her mind working a million miles a minute at she considered what he'd proposed.

"Why now?" she whispered.

"Because I love you, Rory, and I know without a single doubt that you and I are forever. We could wait - and I will if you want to - and we could go with our original plan, or we could wait until after you've graduated and have a big wedding that will make Page Six - but I am completely confident in our relationship, and I don't want to wait to call you my wife. I don't want our families getting involved and meddling; I want to do this on our terms and for our own reasons. What do you say, Ace?" Logan pleaded hopefully. "Isn't that the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living a minute. We take this step together, it's one less minute we haven't lived."

Rory smiled and nodded. "Let's do it. You jump, I jump, Jack!"

"Yeah?" Logan asked with a huge smile. Rory laughed and nodded again, and he jumped from his chair and pulled her into his arms for a kiss to seal their agreement. "You've just made me the happiest man in the world, Rory," he murmured between kisses and laughs. "You just tell me when and we'll make it happen. Maybe we can go apply for our marriage license and look for rings today?"

"Of course, we can go after breakfast," Rory agreed. "And as for when, as far as I'm concerned it should be the first weekend away you can get."

"I'll make it happen soon," he promised.