Chapter 24

"How should we break the news to our families, Ace?" Logan asked as they walked back into her dorm room.  They'd signed their lease and gotten the keys to their new apartment, their prominent last names helping expedite the process.

"Maybe get them all together for dinner and rip it off like a bandaid?" she suggested.  "Perhaps having them all in the same room will make them behave."

"I think it's worth a shot.  And you're sure about this even if they cause a scene and fight us?"

"Yeah, I'm absolutely certain," Rory said with a smile.  She crossed the room to where Logan was standing and wrapped her arms around him.  She reached up and kissed him and then laid her head on his shoulder.  "When do you want to start moving?"

"Well, we could always go ahead and move our things in and then tell the families the news," Logan said with a sly smile.  "They can hardly argue then, right?"

"You know, I think that's an excellent idea!  Today is Thursday.  Think we could be moved in by Sunday afternoon?  We could get everyone together Sunday evening for dinner."

"I'll call the guys and we'll make it happen.  We need to buy some furniture, though.  Do you feel up to going shopping tomorrow morning?  We'll need a bed and couch and...well, lots of things, really," Logan said, making a mental list.  Neither of their dorms had kitchens and they'd both brought minimal household items with them.  They really needed to completely furnish the place.

"I think this calls for a trip to IKEA - we'd better plan on spending the better part of the day tomorrow there," Rory beamed.  She loved going there.

"Oh, no.  Are you sure we can't pay someone to go shopping for us?" Logan teased.

"I'm pretty sure.  Invite the other two stooges along if you'd like - we'll need the comic relief, help pushing the carts, and we'll definitely need more than one vehicle.  We have a lot of shopping to do, mister!"

"It's a good thing I love you so much," Logan joked, kissing her gently.  He pulled her down onto the couch and she snuggled into his chest.  She didn't think she would ever get tired of the feelings she elicited in her.  She felt so calm and peaceful, so at home, when she was in his arms. 

"Just think - we'll get to go to bed together in our bed every night and wake up next to each other every morning.  There won't be any shuffling things back and forth or deciding where to stay.  We'll share a home," Rory said softly.

"We will.  It's going to be pretty great," replied Logan.

"Yeah, it is," she said with a smile.  "Now, I have a very important question.  This could be make-or-break, so answer carefully," she warned teasingly.

"Alright, I'm ready.  Hit me with it," he replied, trying to stifle his laugh at the serious look that she had on her face.

"Can we make some lists of what we need to do and buy?" she asked, batting her eyelashes. 

Logan let out a deep belly laugh.  "Well, I do know how making lists gets you all hot and bothered," he joked.  "Go get your pen and paper, Ace."  She stood up excitedly and he patted her on the butt, laughing at her enthusiasm.  While she was off getting list-making supplies he picked up his phone and sent off a text to Colin and Finn, asking them if they'd be available the next day for what was sure to end up being an epic trip to IKEA.  She returned a minute later and sat down next to him, her feet curled under her and the pad of paper sitting on her lap.

"So, I'm thinking that we need one list of things that we need to do, and another list of things we need to buy.  We also need to pack all of our things, although really that shouldn't take too long given that we live in dorm rooms.  I'll have some things from my parents' house that I'll want to get too, but we obviously can't do that until we've told them the news," Rory ranted in true Gilmore girl style.  Logan leaned over and kissed her soundly to get her to stop for a minute.  He smiled as he pulled away and saw the dazed smile on her face.

"Slow down there, Ace.  We'll get it all taken care of together," he promised.  "We have all weekend, and then next week we only have our finals and then we're off for winter break.  We'll be all settled in with all of your precious books in their new home before the next semester starts." 

At just that moment, his phone went off with a notification.  He looked at his phone and then turned back to Rory.  "Colin and Finn are up to tag along tomorrow, although they have no idea that we'll be doing.  What would you say to meeting them at the pub tonight to share the news?  It might be nice to talk to people who will be excited for us before we meet with our families."

"I think that sounds like a perfect idea," Rory agreed.  "Go ahead and tell them that we'll meet them for dinner tonight."

Logan tapped out a quick text about dinner and then put his phone back down on the table next to them.  "Alright, now let's tend to your lists, my cute little planner," he chuckled, noticing her excitement as she labeled a piece of paper for each list they needed to make.

They spent the next couple of hours making meticulous lists of things to do, to buy, and to pack from their family homes in Hartford.  They stopped only long enough for Logan to call the utility companies to have them put into their names and call the cable company to make an appointment for the installation.  Once their minds were thoroughly exhausted from all of their list-making and planning, Logan took the pen and paper and set them down on the coffee table. 

"Alright, that's enough for now.  Come on, let's get ready to go meet the boys for dinner," he said firmly.  "We've done enough for today."

They changed and got ready to go meet Colin and Finn, and as Logan looked over at Rory he couldn't believe his luck.  This beautiful woman loved him - not for his money or his name, but just for him - and they were going to live together.  He almost needed to pinch himself.