Chapter 25

"Can you please do...something about your friends?!" Rory asked exasperatedly.  Finn and Colin were running amuck in IKEA, driving both Rory and Logan insane.  They'd picked out furniture first and had already paid for it and arranged delivery for the next day.  Logan had offered a very generous cash incentive to the delivery guys for them to stay and put the furniture together, which they had happily accepted.  Now they were wrangling Finn and Colin as they walked from aisle-to-aisle and picked up all of the household items they would need. 

"Sure, give me a minute," Logan said as he walked away.  Rory had shown the patience of a saint so far today, and he really didn't want his friends to push her over the edge.  He approached the two men and chuckled as he saw Finn standing there with a colander on his head.

"Hey, boys.  Listen, Rory and I are doing really well here.  I know you're both getting restless, so I was thinking you two could call Robert to come get you and leave me your SUV to drive home.  Rory and I will finish up here, and you three can go to the pub and have some drinks," he offered hopefully.

Finn's eyes snapped up at the mention of a drink and he smiled broadly.  "What are you waiting for?" he asked Colin.  "Call good 'ole Robert and let's go!"  Finn reached into his pocket for the keys and threw them to Logan and then sprinted toward the exit, throwing a fifty dollar bill toward the cashier to pay for his colander as he left. 

Logan shook his head and chuckled - there was never a dull moment with Finn around.

"I'd better go make sure he doesn't run out into the street," Colin said with a laugh.  "We'll catch you guys later."

Logan watched Colin walk out after Finn and then walked back over to his girlfriend.  "They're going to call Robert to come pick them up and all head to the pub for drinks."

"You are amazing!" Rory squealed.  "Thank you so much for getting them out of here."

"It's no problem, Ace," Logan chuckled.  "Frankly, I don't know what the hell we were thinking when we invited them along today."

"We were thinking that we would need some help; we didn't stop to consider that they'd be more like our children than two grown men," Rory admitted with a laugh.

"Never have truer words been spoken.  Now, let's finish our shopping here and we can take all of this stuff to the new apartment.  It would be nice to get most of it put away before the furniture and the movers show up tomorrow."

"Alright, let's finish this up and get out of here," she agreed.  They finished off the last several aisles at the home super store before proceeding to the checkout to make their purchases.  Half an hour and a good chunk of money later, they loaded their purchases into the two SUVs and took the short drive back to their new apartment. 

When they arrived at their apartment building, Logan went in the building and asked to borrow a cart to bring their bags in, and he reappeared a few minutes later with two carts and the concierge who had offered to help them bring their purchases inside.  After a few trips up to their penthouse apartment, everything was finally inside and Logan closed the door joined Rory in the middle of the living room floor.  She was lying there on her back, her arms spread wide and her eyes closed.

"What are you thinking?" he asked as he sprawled out next to her.

"That moving is exhausting," she said with a laugh. 

"This isn't even moving yet, Ace.  This is just shopping," he chuckled.

"Ugh, don't remind me!"

"Hey, look on the bright side - neither of us are poor college students, so we're paying people to do most of the hard work for us," he said with a smile.

"Thank goodness for that!  I don't know if I've ever been so grateful that both of our families are wealthy.  I guess we'd better get busy putting things away, huh?"

"I'm afraid so, dear.  Come on, let's go."  Logan stood up and offered Rory his hand to help her up.  He pulled her up and right into his waiting arms, smiling as she leaned in and kissed him tenderly.  He moaned as she deepened the kiss and then pulled back and held her at arm's length.  "No way, missy.  You're not going to distract me from the work we need to do," he chuckled.

Rory stuck her lower lip out in a pout and wrapped her arms around his neck.  "Are you sure about that?" she asked as she kissed his neck and behind his ear. 

"I thought I was..." he replied breathlessly.  "But then you started doing...oh god."  Logan threw his head back back and closed his eyes as he enjoyed the feelings she was eliciting in him.  Their bodies were pressed together closely as she kissed him and slipped her hands into his back pockets, pulling his body flush against her. 

She pulled back momentarily and looked at him - completely dazed and turned on.  "I thought we could christen our apartment, but if you'd rather put things away..." she trailed off.

His eyes snapped open and he growled as he pulled her back into his arms.  "I think the putting things away can wait - we have more pressing matters now," he said as he pulled her close to him again and ran his hands up her sides, enjoying the feel of her curves under his hands. 

"Only if you're sure.  I wouldn't want to put us behind schedule," she teased.

"Oh no, missy.  You're not backing out now.  You started this, woman," he said with a laugh.  He threw her over his shoulder and walked to their bedroom, which was still without furniture, and laid her down gently on the floor.  "Here's to celebrating our first home together," he whispered as he lowered himself next to her.