Chapter 11

Rory awoke slowly the next morning and was momentarily confused to feel an arm across her waist holding her tight.  She quickly remembered the events of the previous evening and smiled to herself.  It had been an amazing night with Logan.  The things that her boyfriend had made her feel were quite frankly unreal.  She felt Logan stir against her and tipped her head up to see him.

"Good morning, beautiful," she heard him say as he kissed the top of her head.

"Good morning to you, too.  What do you have planned today?"

"Other than the event we have to attend tonight at your grandparents' house, I'm completely free.  I thought maybe we could grab breakfast and relax today if you're not busy?"

"Mmm...that sounds perfect.  Did you sleep okay?" she asked.

"I did.  You?"

"Really well.  I must say, I didn't take you for the cuddly type," Rory teased.

"Well, don't let word get out.  I reserve that for my girlfriend," Logan teased back as he tickled her lightly.

"Logan, stop it!" Rory squealed.  The two giggled and tickled each other before things once again took a passionate turn in Rory's bedroom, and they lost themselves once again in the throes of passion.  They finally rolled onto their backs, both panting and with hearts racing, and both very satisfied.

"You know, Ace, you're very good at that.  I think I may have a new hobby," Logan informed her as he rolled over and pulled her close.

"You're not too bad yourself there," Rory returned.

"Not too bad?  That's all I get?" he teased.

"Well, I really can't bring myself to help inflate your ego anymore than it already is, but just this once I'll humor you and give you some more adjectives.  How about amazing, stupendous, incredible, and outstanding?"

"That's much better," Logan chuckled.  "Now, shall we shower?  I'm guessing that you're going to want food and copious amounts of coffee any minute now."

"Let's get moving, Huntzberger!" Rory called as she jumped out of bed and headed toward the bathroom.  Logan chuckled to himself as he watched this woman who had captivated him and changed his life entirely in one short week and followed her to the shower to get ready for the day.  An hour later they were walking hand-in-hand toward a cafe a couple of blocks from campus and enjoying the beautiful late-fall day.  It was quickly approaching November, but the weather was unseasonably warm.  They found a table on the outside patio and gave the waitress their orders when suddenly something else caught Logan's attention.  He scooted over closer to Rory in an attempt to shield her, but it was likely too late.

"Paparazzi across the street, Ace.  Just letting you know," Logan whispered to her.

"Ugh, why in the world do they think we're so interesting?" Rory exclaimed.

"The newness will wear off, but unfortunately we represent three of the most powerful families in Hartford, so we will likely always be newsworthy," Logan soothed as he rubbed small circles on her palm to calm her.  "Just don't let them get to you.  Go about your life and don't engage with them."

"I'll do my best.  I'm just not quite used to this level of media scrutiny," Rory replied as their food was delivered.  They both tucked into their meals and soon forget the photographer across the street.  They enjoyed lively conversation over breakfast and lingered over coffee.

"So, Ace, what do you say you let your boyfriend take you shopping for a new dress for tonight?"

"I never took you for the dress shopping type," Rory teased.