Orange Lights

Who knew? Who would've known that not seeing Niall would be so hard? 

Liam, Zayn, Louis, and Harry visited me regularly, with Liv and Justine by my side constantly. Once Liv got up to visit Niall. She came back less than 2 minutes later. I don't want to know what she saw that made her return so quickly. 

I was stuck in the hospital because they needed to see if I needed surgery, then they needed casts. Not to mention the dumb, narrow minded counselor that visited me to see if I was mentally scarred or something. I'm not.

Well, I don't think I am. I took a sip of water, anticipating the inevitable moment I would see Niall again. It's not that I didn't want to see him. I wanted... I needed to see him. I was just scared of what I would see, that's all. I set my water back down, deciding against attempting to eat again. The last try wasn't exactly a success.

The postion I was in was awful. Well, It wasn't really, but when your in the same place for almost 24 hours, you get a little pissed that your ass in on fire. 

 I took my cellphone of the desk beside me. I typed in the 4 digit password and scrolled to the twitter app. It's actually been awhile since I've looked at twitter! The first thing I see is a quarter of a million new followers, when before I had a count of 5. My mouth already slightly ajar, I checked my mentions. 

@JayJessica77 Way to go, getting Nialler in a car crash!

Niall! My boy getting hurt. All @JayJessica77's fault!

There was others, some showing support and grief at the bad turn of events, and others similar to the first two. Did they really believe it was my fault?

WAS it my fault?

Suddenly worried, I hurridly pressed the red button above my head with a sign next to it saying "press for assistance." A minutes later a skinny nurse speed walked herself cheerily into the room.

"How may I help you?"

"I need to see Niall, right now. "

"I'm sorry, but he need's medical attention, he can't have visitors at the moment." I think there was just something in the light of her eyes, but it made me peer at her closely. 

"Liar." I whispered harshly from my bed. "Bring me to him."  She huffed, slightly phased by my demand. She came over with a wheel chair and helped pull my into it, reluctantly. I winced at inevitable pain in my ribs at sitting up, or moving at all for that matter. We began rolling down the hallway, but to my surprise, we started turning into the room right next to mine. Before we rolled through the doorway, I spotted a man in a posh suit walk confidently down the hall. Who was that?

Niall was behind my wall the entire time? I was dismayed, but shook it off. Doesn't matter, I told myself. I returned my attention to the exact replica of my room, in which my Mississippi was held. 

"Niall?" I asked simply. I looked at him on the white and light green polka dotted sheets, a plain doughnut half eaten in his lap. 

"Yeah?" He looked at me brightly. I winced. How was he so cheerful? He had bandages around his bleached blonde hair, scraped down his cheek on the right side of his face. His other limbs didn't seem seriously injured, but he had his fair share of bruises displayed clearly under his short hospital gown.

Then he moved his arm over and I saw that I was wrong. His entire left arm was in a cast up to his shoulder. His entire arm must have been shattered in the crash. Tears were pricking my eyes. Was this really all my fault? Dumbass, thats why your here. Get it over with.

It's not that simple! This could've been my fault! That's not a 'Oh just do it," situation. Ugh. Talk to him. 

"Niall, I ... Was.. Did I?" I cleared my throat and looked at the ground. "Did I do this to you? Was the crash my fault?" Tears streamed helplessly down my face. I was scared. I was so scared. I saw movement from the corner of my eye. Niall tilting his head. Confused, I guess.