My Baby Penguin ( One Direction )

Previously  'Just A Nibble (One Direction Fanfic) '

I've read a plethora (excuse my vocab, heh) of One Direction fan fics, especially Niall, haha! They are all incredibly sweet, but quite similar. I'm going to try my hardest to mix it up a bit. Please enjoy and feel free to add some input in the comments, I'll take all opinions into account. :)

--------------------------------------

Chapter 1

I pulled a handful of wadded dollar bills from my pocket and chuckled, handing them to the vendor taking advantage of the One Direction signing around me. He handed me a spicy chicken caesar salad and I spun on my heels and walked back to the line formed around a brightly labeled table that stood in front of a large hanging backdrop, displaying the Up All Night album cover. 

A salad vendor, of all things. I was still chuckling to myself as I stepped in front of a petite brunette girl about half way in the line. A small scoff started erupting from her throat, but I turned, looking at her with my mouth full of crunching assorted leaves, and her face went from exasperation to slight amusement. 

"Salad? Nice." She smiled lightly, the small action transforming her face from pretty to adorable in seconds. 

"Yeh, girls gotta eat! Sorry about that line hop right there, I'm getting an autograph for my sister in the hospital." I felt a frown on my lips as I said the words.

"Eat a salad? Jeez, just fattening yourself up there, arn't you." She laughed before acknowleging my apology. " It's fine. Sorry about your sister, I hope she's okay. I'm Baylee by the way!"

"I'm Jessica. Or Jess.. or Jessie.. Ya know." I said thoughtfully. I looked at Baylee and she had a silly face on.

"You're not a directioner are you?"

"I suppose not, I'm doing this for my sister. Is it obvious?" I asked her, flashing her a 'derp' face which she returned immediatley. 

"Oh, our turn!" She giggled excitedly, a twinkle in her brown eyes. I hadn't realized the line was moving, or that my salad was halfway gone.

"Hmm? Oh. Hey guys! Could you sign...uh.." I dug in my bag for the CD, my free arm holding the sald in the air like a dope. I was realising it was hopless. I looked at the curly haired boy and shrugged.  He tilted his head, thinking. His face lit up with an idea. He leaned back in his cheap plastic chair and pulled out a cardboard tube. I assumed it was a poster, and he proved me right, pulling out and unrolled the plasticy type material. 

"Complimentary poster! To...?" He asked me, uncapping a sharpie, as the other boys did.

"That would be my sister in the hospital, her names Sara." I said with a tight smile. They had pitiful smiles and sad half smiles.

"I'm sorry , how old is she?" The tanned one asked.

"Yeah, and whose her favorite?" A bright faced boy with suspenders questioned playfully, suscessfully lightening the mood a bit.

"Shes 7, and I'm not sure, which one of you tried to drown your goldfish?" I smirked, remembering my sister romentic sigh as she recited that fact. Who knows why.

"That would be me!" The curly haired goof in front of me said. Suspenders had an exaggerated look of dismay playing on his lips.

"Then that would be you! Harry." I recalled the name as an after thought. The blonde haired one was laughing with a boy that resembled a puppy. They were both laughing freely.

"You really don't know us, do you?" A irish accent added, still laughing as he finished his signature. I walked his end of the table to pick up the poster already rolled up in the tube.

"Yeah, no. I know that your name reminds me of a river though, I can't recall. Mississippi?" I teased him, the reaction to my impromptu name was priceless.

"My names Niall." He said, sticking his tongue out, schrunching his nose. "Hey, that smells good, can I have a bite?"

I looked at him, surprised. "Uh, this would be my lunch."

He shrugged, but tried again. "Just a nibble?" 

"Ahhhhh, no. Thanks guys!" I smiled at everyone, then making a face at Niall. "And you, Mississippi." Making the boys chuckle. I turned and walked into the crowd of gasping and crying girls, half of them weezing about the best day of their lives. 

"Hey Jess, wait up!" I turned to see Baylee half crying and half laughing as she approached me. "Zayn said I was adorable." She squeaked. "Anyway, want to keep in touch? We can meet up sometime." She said this still partially squeaking, hopping around on her feet.

I grinned, "Sure thing, maybe you can catch me up on all this hype about those boys." I had my phone out and I offered it to Baylee who accepted and replaced it with her own. We looked down on the cells and input our numbers while we made idle chat about where and when we could meet up. By the time I had typed it in we had planned to hang out tomorrow after I visted Sara and my Ma. We smiled and waved goodbye, moving to leave but not before turning to see Harry whispering something to Puppy face who nodded enthusiasticly as if he agreed to a genius plan. Then they both glanced at me and gave broad smiles as I pushed the door open to catch a cab back to my flat.

----------------------

How was it? I know I haven't really got much going on yet but it's the first chapter. Let me know if I should continue. :) I probably will, but support is always a motivator! Thanks guys. 

PS This was short, I know! I'll work on that in the next chapters.