Questions and Quidditch

That following month as the news settled better, Lyra became evermore apparent in the lives of Varian and Estella. She couldn't wait for Portraits Day. Last year she had visited Lucy after escaping her father's watchful eye. This year the man was already busy fighting the Ministry. Of course there was one thing on her mind, what did the Inheritance Papers had said.

"Oh...haha..well I guess I'll read it to you..." Varian was nervous. While he had known the information he was scared for the woman he learned recently that is her mother's reaction.

"Great, and if you have questions, you may ask me as well, my hybrid." That was the weird part. 'My Hybrid'? He sighed and said: "The test says my name is Varian Gellert Riddle. It, of course, says as my parents it's you and my father. Then it mentions my adoptive name, Harry James Potter. Following is my adoptive parents
Lily Evans Potter and James Potter. Then it mentions magical guardians as Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore and someone named Sirius Black but in parenthesis it says "Azkaban". Muggle or Squib guardians are Petunia Evans Dursley, Vernon Dursley, and Lucy Merope Riddle. It also says my core is grey, and I lack a patronus and Animagus. It says my abilities are Parceltongue, Shadow Walk, Grim Face, and Devil Eye. It had a blocked section explaining someone had placed a on Forced Glamour on me. It says I am a Grim and a Submissive one... and I have a mate named Blaise Zabini. My vaults include Grindelwald, Dumbledore, Gaunt, and Slytherin. The last three are unavailable. It also says I have property or future property over Riddle Manor, Gaunt Shack, Cottage in Countryside, and Home in Godric's Hallow. It says I also inherited things through a will; your Locket, Grindelwald Family Books, and Gellert Grindelwald's Journals."

Lyra had a smile on her face. It was sad but it was there. "Any questions on what something is, dear?" Varian nodded. "What's a patronus?" Lyra giggled. "It's typically taught to light wizard and witches but there are grey witches and wizards who are skilled with it as well. Rarely is it done by dark wizards and witches. It is the culmination of your happiest memory. If you do it well enough an animal will appear and that is your patronus." Varian nodded to the explanation. "What is it used for?" Lyra smiles. "Commonly it is used against Dementors. Although, it can be used to deliver messages." Varian nodded.
"Now what I'm really confused about is Shadow Walk, Grim Face, and Devil Eye." Lyra smiles meekly. "They're a part of your creature. Shadow Wall allows you to travel through shadow. I only wished I'd know about that sooner when I found my inheritance...but enough about that. It is useful for traveling long distances and safer than apparition. Grim Face is the ability to see the greatest fears of your opponent. Once you do that, you can focus on that enemy. The enemy's teammates won't be affected unless you switch targets. As for Devil's Eye, it is a form of shape shifting. It's great, you don't need a poly juice for it at all." Varian was absorbing this information. This was perfect. "There's one more question I have..." Lyra nodded, telling him to go ahead. If it was what she thought it was it was better to rip the bandage now.

"Why did I inherit the Grindelwald name? And the previous Dark Lord's journals and family books?" Lyra took a deep breath.

"Varian...you know Dumbledore was my father, correct?" Varian nodded to her, not knowing where she was going with this. "Well do you know about how accepted the homosexual community here is?" Varian shook his head. It was seen as obscene back in the muggle world. "It is widely accepted. You see my father was once Grindelwald's lover and his dominant. That man was my Pa, my maternal figure. My Pa and Father separated after an incident with my father, uncle, aunt, and my pa. I was born in my Pa's care but in order to continue his way to complete his dream I'd have to go for a while. He admitted to my father that I existed and without much delay took custody as my Pa wanted. For years until his defeat I received letter after letter until my father defeated my pa. I never saw nor heard from him since that day." Varian would've hugged his mother if it weren't for...heh. "So...I technically come from a line of Dark Lords?" Varian asked, to which Lyra laughed.

"That's one way to put it, my little hybrid."

They heard an owl coo and saw Hedwig and in her mouth was a letter. He picked it up, gave his bird a treat, and off she flew. "It's from Aunt Lucy." Varian said. "Open it, Id love to know what she has to say."

Dear Varian,
So let's see if I understand correctly, you have two close friends. One is a halfblood named Estella and the other is pureblood named Ginny. I believe you said Estella and you have Hybrid houses and Ginny is a grade below, and a Gryffindor. That's nice to hear, perhaps they've changed a bit since your mother's time. She would always complain about how overly Reckless and hatful they were. So overly entitled... ugh. So you're a mix of Slytherin and Gryffindor? How fitting, as Lyra (your mother) was Gryffindor and you father was a Slytherin. I wish I could write more but my job calls, I'll wait for your next letter.
Love, Aunt Lucy

"Still sweet and simple as always, that girl. Although I could read my own mind about our meetings a few times..." Lyra drawled out. Varian nodded. Even though it was hard talking to a living portrait of his mother, at least she was there. True, she didn't know everything. She only knew what her real self told her or let her pry to see. She wasn't his mother completely, yet she was his mother nonetheless. She was half of who his mother was. She expressed this a few times when her future self, maybe a few days after he was born, visited and introduced her to him.

Oh if only she had lived for her son...

~
The four friends gathered outside the Quidditch post and watched today's Quidditch team practice. Some stared at Luna, taking the fact they let another one in their circle. They didn't really befriend many at once... first year Harry and Hermione were each other's world except for a brief time at Christmas. Hermione's dragon grew over the time since first year though. However, most never would count the elegant creature. Norbert was at her side at the field, watching. Next would be Ginny Weasley, the youngest Weasley and the Gryffindor of the group. No one in the school to any average students knows how Ginny Weasley got close to the two except those in her family. However, Ron hates admitting his sister is friends with the boy who lived and the twins respected their privacy. Percy honestly didn't hold any attention to it as he had exams and Prefect duties to deal with. Then they added Looney Luna. That surprised the whole school. How were they that selective? They could see it happening with Ginny as she was from the bloodtraitor family, Weasley. They'd feel comfortable with someone who is interested in muggle anything. Not to mention their long line of Gryffindors...they were in the Gryffindor spectrum. Now Luna did not make sense but cared for her anyway? All they know is they'd have a handful protecting the insane girl.

Or maybe she knows more about the dangers of life than them?

So as the time went on and they watched the practice, Harry-Varian noticed they were going longer than usual. Hermione-Estella noticed slowing movements and the lack in focus of the new player. While the glamoured boy wondered at the time, the girl kept her eye on the player. Allison Hart. As they huffed telling the captain they needed a break, the girl leaned...

No she passed out!

As they complained they noticed but before the players could help a flash of colors came by and slowed down the fall, slowly lowering her. Norbert. Hermione-Estella's dragon saved the poor girl. She was laid down on the ground and her broom fell on the ground. The team came down to check on her and were relieved to find her alright. The captain saw their point and promised not to go over an hour ever again. Hermione-Estella was praising her familiar and gave him some snack food. Norbert was such a good boy.

The cold rain was thrashing hard against the wooden structure that served as her shelter against the rain was the magical creatures' food storage. She cried and sobbed violently. One word kept leaving her mouth.

"Pa."

Lyra had heard the news of her Pa's defeat by her very own Father. She begged to go to the trial. She knew he'd be found guilty and charged imprisonment. Her father denied her that and his sentence was indeed that. The more she heard she couldn't anymore and ran away to her safe place. She didn't want to bother Tom with this. As an orphan, he couldn't understand this pain. Ever.

Her world got sickly depressed and that night she slept there. She missed her Pa. Her Pa wrote to her, gave her gifts, and gave support through his letters. She felt so lost all of a sudden. She wanted to see him at least one last time...

"Pa..."