Hermione and Harry

Sorry if this feels rushed!

It was one fateful day. Harry was walking with Hagrid to get his things. However, as fate would have it on this day, was no one else but a muggle couple taking their own little witch to get her things as well. Hagrid stopped them and offered to help, as he was taking Harry around as well. The parents were silently thanking whatever divine force whether it be god, fate, destiny, or even magic. They knew they'd have trouble finding their little girl's things. [1]

"I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger." The girl said to the messy-haired boy. She noticed the crack in his glasses. "What happened there?" She asked, which was a valid question that Harry rather not answer but vaguely said "Oh, just an accident with a door. It happens." He didn't add the details of how on Dudley's birthday, Dudley had slammed the cupboard door right back into his face, breaking them. "Anyway, I'm Harry, Harry Potter." He said, copying her greeting. Next thing he knew, she was telling him how she's been hearing his name a lot and he noticed as well. "I don't know why either, Hermione, but Hagrid did make a big deal about it. Along with my parents. I don't know why though, I was raised by my muggle family and had nothing to do with magic until now." He explained. "So neither of us have known about this part of ourselves..." Hermione muttered. "However, my Aunt knew... she lied to me." That's all Harry would say. Why bother telling her about his chore lists or punishments? About how spoiled his cousin was or that he slept in a cupboard all his life and his only friends were spiders. [2]

When they got to Malkin's they sat down. There was a little boy about their age there, blonde, grey eyes, and hair was slicked back with gel, they assumed. To Harry, he looked like a magical version of Dudley. Of course, he should talk about and analyze the boy's character first. The whole time there, the boy would name call on the houses at their school. The boy said Slytherin was the best house. He picked on the house called "Hufflepuff" and then, before it got personal, the two got their robes and Hagrid came and the boy insulted him. Harry quickly got Hermione and Hagrid our if there, and made a decision. That kid was an absolute git. They asked Hagrid about the houses and Hagrid immediately began praising Gryffindor. Yet, quickly like that, Hermione asked if Hagrid was in that house. The man had a blush dust across his cheeks. He said yes. Mrs. and Mr. Granger sighed. Their little girl was very high strung with details. "Then isn't that a little bias? What are the other house's traits?" Hagrid had a memory in his eyes but...wouldn't speak of it. "Ah well, it should be in the book the Ministry give muggle-borns like yer self but I'll tell ya anyway. Ravenclaw traits are Intelligence, Wit, Wisdom, Creativity, Originality, Individuality, and Acceptance. Slytherin traits Resourcefulness, Cunning, Ambition, Determination, Self-Preservation, Fraternity, and Cleverness.." Harry interrupted. "Well, Gryffindor and Slytherin share Determination then," Harry said. Something told the three adults these two would be good friends. "Hufflepuff traits are Dedication, Hardworking, Fairness, Patience, Kindness, Tolerance, Unafraid of toil, and Loyalty." The two felt a surge of emotions towards the boy now; however, they seemed stronger in Harry. This sounds like a lovely house to be in! However, although Hermione did like to think she was brave and all that, she thought perhaps she may be in Ravenclaw. She just knew whatever it was, she hopes it's not Slytherin. Not with that boy, even if she got this fluttery feeling when looking at him.

Harry felt the same.

They went to each store and with some of the extra money, Harry offered to buy a book for Hermione. [3] Looking at her parents, they seemed okay with it. It was a generous thing and if Harry wanted to, who were they to let their little girl not get a book? Harry and Hermione have gotten everything and yet again...the two had one more reason to not go to Slytherin. Voldemort.

However...these two didn't feel frightened to say his name, unlike others... no not at all.

The next day, Hermione waited for Harry. Apparently, Hermione was told by someone she described as the one who explained that she was a witch. They went to find the wall and heard a woman asking her children about where it was. Harry recognized the pattern. Aunt Petunia used it on Dudley when they went to places he managed to get 'lucky' enough to go to. Especially when he went on rollercoasters. It was to make sure he knew where he was going.