Telepathics Best Friend and a Scaly Familiar

The two friends had not taken their suspicions lightly, actually, it was quite opposite. They watched him, their DADA Professor. He was so strange. Lyra had given her daily Riddle version of advice. "A serpent hides in an Eagle, but another serpent can pull them apart."[1] Harry assumed she meant to be careful of Slytherin, they were very racist against Hermione and others like her. He noticed they were tactful with Hermione than with the others, probably because he was friends with her. No matter what they would like to say, he's a Slytherin as much as he is a Gryffindor. Slytherins stick together. That's why everyone was scared of them.

Harry got a letter from Hagrid that morning. He and Hermione were invited to see something he bought. The two felt a disturbance in their link. However, they pushed it to Hermione, as it was going after Harry. After it stopped they conversed.

What was that?
I don't know, Hermione, but it was painful. Sorry, you took more of the blow.
It's fine. What's not fine is that you don't know!
Well...I have a hypothesis as to what it was; however, I didn't read enough to be sure. I'll have to look it up again to confirm my suspicions.
Hm?
Legilimens. It's an ability to look into someone's memories forcefully and it hurts the victim. The only true countercurse is Occulomency which is the use of blocking them out or forming fake memories instead.
Oh. Looks like we need to learn that as well...
Yes but I don't know how useful it will be without having a teacher, it is recommended in the book if I remember correctly. That's the only thing I can think of if it is Legilimens...
Then shall we go on with our day?
Yes, and hope no one uses that ability again.
Yes, I think we should both look it up in our free time, however, so we can gather more information.
That would be best.
Alright, it's settled then.

Harry and Hermione finished their breakfast and replied to Hagrid's letter. They would go early and watch the time. They could only stay but so long because of classes and curfew.

First-class? Potions.

Severus Snape was not kind at all to Gryffindors. Even the fact that Harry was partially in his house didn't stop the man from raining the hate on the boy. Harry was confused with the man. Harry thought of several reasons and all he could think of is that his parents wronged the man. What was going on?

He asked three questions again and Harry got it all right. Then he was assigned to be partners with Draco Malfoy. Hermione was stuck with Neville Longbottom. He didn't mind entirely, perhaps Neville will be able to get a better grade. He sighed and looked at their assignment. According to Snape, it was a funny potion that was easier to make and considering the last potion they did was hard for the first-year level, he gave them this potion. He also said if he found it used by any of us for anything other than on themselves, he would take 50 points; and Snape thought at that moment whether they be in my house or not.

The man hated pranks.

Harry and Draco looked over the potion. Admittedly on Draco's part, he had butterflies. It was the kind you get when you're around your favorite singer or actor; part of him wanted to fanboy. Draco honestly wanted to be Harry's friend but...even he knew he couldn't deal with Harry's only apparent friend, Hermione Granger. She was a Mudblood. Even if he got this funny feeling in his stomach when he saw her...he always assumed it was his disgust. Aw, innocence![2]

He and Blaise would often check on Harry by looking at him from their table while Harry ate his meals with Hermione. The two always seemed quiet and studious. Rumors have been going that they might be a 'thing' but he and Blaise begged to differ. There was no way Granger would do that! [3] Right..? He blinked. No stop thinking!