Potions and Flying and Lyra Dumbledore

In the Dungeons was where Harry met his first obstacle since this morning. Professor Snape, the Potions Professor and the head of house of Slytherin. He wasn't sure how this would go, however, as he swore he saw this man immediately give him a sour look. He didn't think this man would be so easy. He took a seat with Hermione. Once class started, he walked in like he was a king, his cape flapping. Quite odd. Then, he began speaking of how there would be very little, if at all, wand waving in this class. He spoke about Potions like a artist would speak about their paintings. He called some students dunderheads, probably to motivate the class, but was no less rude. Then it got personal.

"Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" How odd to ask this; however, they were maybe too excited so, they know the answer. Hermione pouted because Harry was asked the question. "Draught of the Living Death, sir." Harry answered. You could see the confusion in his eyes; however, he asked another question. "Where would you look if I tell you to find me a Bezoar?" Harry knew something was up. No way would anyone be randomly asking these questions to only one student. He wondered if he had a bone to pick with one, or both, of his parents and he's laying the hatred on him. "A Bezoar is a stone, taken from the stomach of a goat, and it will save you from most poisons," he responded. He hoped that was it but he gave another question. Harry knew this Professor was gonna work him to the bone over all the other students. How rude. "What is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Harry resisted the urge to sigh. He nonchalantly said, "They are the same thing and also goes by Aconite." [1]

Harry saw the irritation in the man's eyes. He gave points, unwillingly. Next, he brought up the potion they were doing that class. Already? Even McGonagall is making us read the spell and study it before casting; how can he expect us to learn and brew the potion? Harry and Hermione didn't like this, but perhaps they shouldn't speak up about it, every teacher has a different style. Then, they spent the whole class brewing a cure for boils. It was boring and when they finished, Neville Longbottom and his partner had melted their cauldron and it spilled the potion on them, giving them boils. Oh dear. As he walked by their potion, he begrudgingly said "Perfect."

When class was over, Hermione said "He's out to get you, Harry." Harry nodded. "I know, but I do not know why." Harry just wanted to go to Flying and be done with today besides reading of course. As they went through to flying class...he saw Neville with his weird ball and a boy from Slytherin with the same ball. Harry and Hermione shrugged it off and class began.

The teacher began to talk about broom care for a small bit until she started bringing out brooms. "You're going to learn how to hover today." Harry and Hermione didn't mind, although Hermione was a little put off. Only thing a broom was ever used for was sweeping, or when she was five and she used her house's broom as a horse. She did decide to give it a chance. Instantly, Harry and Hermione's brooms went in their hands along with Draco Malfoy and few others. It hit Ron Weasley in the face and knocked him down. They went on their brooms and the teacher said "On the count of three..." She began counting and before she said three a Slytherin named Matilda Brewit and a Gryffindor named Neville Longbottom went out of control and hurt themselves. The teacher said no brooms in the air until she got back, but of course Ron Weasley had to pick up Matilda's special bracelet, to which helps with her reoccurring sickness. Then Seamus took Neville's ball object. Slytherin's started yelling at Ron to give them the bracelet, and Gryffindor's yelled at Seamus, because he said he was going to keep it.[2] They went up in the air and Hermione and Harry's own anger was surfacing. Hermione was angry at Seamus and Harry was angry at both. Without thinking, they said "give it here.." Hermione said "Finnigan" while Harry  said "Weasley." The two looked at each other and they both said "Then catch."