Chapter 37

Fuck!

"LOOK OUT!" Jason comes barreling in

My quick reflexes has me springing me back as they barely miss me, the wind from their roll blowing straight through my fur. Almost in slow motion as I see a paw whizz past me, claws spiked inches from my face.

The guy next to me not so lucky.

I watch in horror as his eyes glaze over and red crimson liquid pools around him matting his dirty white fur.

That could have been me.

How many more wolves need to fall before this is over. How many more lives lost. How many more deaths will there be to come?

I can't handle it anymore. I'm in over my head.

I turn to find the black blur of evil horror as they snarl and clash against one another having no regard for anything or anyone on their path of self destruction. one of them my mate, a man that I have fallen to love. It must be blind love for this is a side of him I feared. I always knew it was there fuck i could see it every time I was with him. But it's different when you actually get to see it, smell it feel it through your bones, it becomes so real.

Why do I suddenly feel so broken.

I look around at all the fallen wolves in the distance, in front of me than looking down to the one right next to me. The wolf lays there still as a statue, staining the dirt ground red as one of his legs rests metres from his dead body.

I think I'm actually going to throw up this time.

I am a part of a pack that murders..far out I'm their fucken Luna. This isn't what I wanted. Ethan's a different person here. fuck in wolf form he .. he's.. it's like he's morphed into the monster all the stories claimed him to be.

"It's just between west and deans now" Liam's voice is gentle

No

"Did mike.. did h-he ..." I panic

I find my self running back up to where I last saw mike

"He's ...ok.."

That's not ok, as his voice cuts short

"Where are you!" I scream as I can't see them anywhere any of them everyone just looks lost, their not sure on what the hell to do and I know exactly how they feel.

Our packs are too close. we are all intwined with each other meshed with force-inseparable. there's bonds, there's family, mates and friends they link all four of us together it's fucken heart breaking.

"Round the building.. it's safe it's all up to the alphas now"

I round the corner and approach the small group. Shit he looks bad. Mike's back in his human form and both Jason and Carson butt naked as they crouched next to mike's pale body using what ever material they could find to start wrapping the wounds.

Stopping the bleeding.

I feel numb

I don't know what the hell to do. I'm no Luna I'm a disgrace to the word, a total let down to the meaning of it.

Wolves start to howl in the distance my ears moving to focus more on it. Trying to work out what it means.

"We got victory" Jason's voice soaked in happiness

I feel a part of me relax knowing Ethan has won, I knew he would win. I never doubted it.

But I still don't feel happy and I'm not sure why. Was I always so blind when it came to battles? Is this just the way it is? There so much I'm unaware of. Is this much killing normal?