Chapter 2

I wake up only getting a few hours sleep, I can see the sun coming up through my window all the reds and oranges flowing through the dark sky. taking a deep breath in, inhaling the scent next to me while admiring the view.

today feels different. 

I look over to where Jason lay next to me and tighten my arms around him, after alpha Hanes speach last night I asked Jason to come sleep with me in my room

and no when I say sleep I only mean sleep as we seem to keep each other's wolfs calm and content.

His eyes flutter open and looks down at me

"morning"

I reach up and give him a light kiss on his cheek and with a smile I slap his chest hard.

"time to get up!" I laugh as I make my way to the bathroom

I hear him groan making me laugh while I get changed in my training gear, throw my hair up and head back out.

He's now sitting on the end of the bed putting his shoes on as I watch as his arm muscles flex and his wide shoulders move as he leans back up.

"I think I'm already jealous of your mate" I say with a smile. He looks up at me as his eyes run the length of my body before coming back up and meeting my gaze again

"as I am of yours" he says smiling back at me

I mentally sigh that we were never destined to be mates but I'm more than grateful to have him in my life. Long story short we friend zoned each other to avoid future heart break.

I'm not entirely convinced it was the right move as I look at him now know there's a strong possibility I'm going to die today.

he stills and I can tell someone is mind linking him as his body posture suddenly turns serious

"alpha Hanes needs me in his office" he says looking distracted pulling a shirt on over his head "I'll meet you at the training grounds soon" he says firmly as he stands. The tiredness has vanished from his body as he takes one last look at me.

"ok cool" I say slowly frowning At him

I watch him leave my room and glance over to my clock it's only 5:10am well seems I'm up I'll go for my run since I missed it last night. I throw on my shoes and head to my large window pushing the screen open I jump out landing softly and head out towards the forest. The smell of the cold fresh new morning filling my lungs as I breath in.

I head towards my usual spot strip down throwing my clothes to the side with my ring on top and jumping into my white wolf. I shake out my fur and sniff my surroundings. My wolf is all white accept I have one black paw I laugh to myself as I remember James always teasing me saying I forgot to take my sock off. I roll my eyes at the thought spots a Dick.

I start off in a trot admiring my surroundings at how beautiful our land is as I run past the trees under and over branches past the meadow and continuing onto the lake on the other side of our territory, I sit down in my wild form and lick up some of the crystal clear water. I love it out hear nothing but peace and the sounds of wild life all around me. I needed this my wolf needed this more, I can feel she's on edge about today on what might happen, how this could affect the pack... I pushed the unwanted thoughts aside and assure myself everything is going to be fine. Fallen moon won't come here they have already destroyed us once why bother again.... The suns getting higher in the sky as I sit back and watch the scenery around me it's so relaxing and I begin to clear my head.

"Mia where are you" James comes into my mind sounding anxious

I sit up and stretch my legs before jumping up and throw my sensors out just to be sure