@TheTemporaryWayfarer's Interview!

Start from the beginning

As for the other reasons, I wanted to write a realistic book that people could easily relate with. I wanted to write a book that would encourage youngsters to be the best version of themselves and to not have their heads in the clouds. I wanted them to be inspired to give their best shot at life and not sit back and mourn when things don't go their way. I wanted to drive home the point that 'life goes on' and that 'there's always pitch darkness before dawn'.

I also wanted to prove that a 'desi' book can be interesting and gripping if written in the correct manner. (Forgive me for sounding harsh but some people here on wattpad have written such stuff in their so called books that few have sworn off desi books after having come across some of them).

As for the latter half of your question, I am not going to lie, I do get frustrated when people leave my book hanging midway but every time my readers complete the book and send me long messages pouring their heart out and telling me how much SL has changed their perceptions of life, I couldn't help but feel that typing the whole book on my phone was definitely worth it!

Aisha : Oh my Allah! Can you people believe it? She typed the whole book on phone!! Let's just give her a big round of applause, shall we? She totally deserves it!

Let's head to the next question.

Bushra tell us, does writing energise you or exhaust you?

Bushra : Energises me, definitely. There is some sort of inexplicable peace and contentment when we let our words do the talking.

Aisha : What was the hardest part of writing your book 'Shimmering Love'?

Bushra : Not going to give away any spoilers again, but I did something just a few chapters before the ending that evoked a lot of reaction from the readers. Wouldn't say what kind 😆 (Those who have already read it please PLEASE don't give it away).

Aisha : What did you enjoy most about writing this book?

Bushra : The bonding of my four girls and their struggle to put Allah, their faith and ideals before anything else.

Aisha : Who are some of your favourite authors on Wattpad?

Bushra : sajmra HelenaWon abdofRahman and of course my buddy BlackRedHeart !

Aisha : Your favourite authors outside the wattpad world?

Bushra : Leaving out actual spiritual writers who write about Islaam and taking fiction into account, I enjoy Jane Austen's books, Agatha Christie's, Sidney Sheldon's, William Jefferson's, Louisa M. Alcott's, Arthur Conan Doyle's and although I am not particularly fond of that genre, I admit I liked Meyer's first book (yeah, yeah, you may cringe all you want 😬).

I even purchased Khaled Hosseini's books on a hot discount quite recently. Haven't started reading them yet much to my own surprise but I guess I soon would In sha Allaah.

Aisha : Favourite childhood books and why?

Bushra : Has to be Enid Blyton! Her characters' camaraderie and resolve, and of course her decent and lucid story telling.

A fun fact for you people - if you have noticed, she writes a lot of descriptions on food! Apparently, she wrote all of that during the World War when the supply of food was scarce and difficult.

Aisha : Favourite expression?

Bushra : Why, smiling of course! 😊 It is sunnah and even puts everyone in a good mood.