@blue_ink_08's Interview!

We welcome you to the second interview in The Rahma Awards! Introducing...

blue_ink_08 interviewed by HopeGossamer

____________________

Hope: *faces audience* Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

It's wonderful to be here with The Rahma Awards to interview the amazing writer who claimed second place in the SuperSelector Award in the #TRAGRAPHICS2018 Category for her book 'Infatuated'...

... blue_ink_08 !!!

*throws confetti and grins*

This is HopeGossamer , here with you today to ask, and hopefully receive, some very interesting questions and answers.

*turns to blue_ink_08*

Congratulations! It's so great to have you have you here! ^_^ Please tell us, what was your first reaction when you found out that 'Infatuated' won?

blue_ink_08: Salam. Thanks for having me here. To be honest, never for once did I think of winning this award. I'm still so new at writing and I can hardly get some time to write after being done with my studies. So yeah, when I saw the notifications from The Rahma Awards, I was actually very astonished. It was totally unexpected.

Hope: Unexpected, but to the judges, well deserved! 

Now, why don't you formally introduce yourself to the audience before we continue discussing your novel?

blue_ink_08: Well, I'm a student, just passed College and currently seeking for a good University to get in. As you may have seen in my bio, I'm a typical Bangladeshi bookworm Muslimah. :)

Hope: Nice!

Although, I have to admit, coming from Australia, I don't get the college/university thingies....I thought college was instead of university, in the US at least?

(please forgive my ignorance; I can just imagine everyone rolling their eyes now lol)

blue_ink_08: Haha it's alright. Every country has different method of education. In ours, you have to study in college for 2 years and then you can enroll in a university.

Hope: Ohhhh... Thanks for letting me know lol!

Okey dokes, time to get back to the novel!

So, what's 'Infatuated' about and what would you say the main theme of it would be? Please, try not to include any spoilers for those who have yet to read it, like myself!

*whispers* I can't believe I've only just found this book, the description sounds so interesting...!

blue_ink_08: Well, I thought about this story while I was in college and it totally came out from my teenage fantasy. The book revolves around a girl named Shayba who possesses a character I always dreamed to have. It's just about an ordinary girl struggling with herself everyday to be a better Muslim but still leading a colourful life. I tried to portray here how the world thinks a Muslimah's life to be restricted, quite uneducated and backdated whereas it's nothing like that.

Hope: Allahuma baarik, that's a wonderful idea. We need more stories like that, try to do our own part in spreading the truth and reality of things. I hoping to write something like that myself In Shaa Allah, try to get something done during National Novel Writing Month this November... There's a link to their site in my bio by the way if anyone's interested.