Chapter Thirteen: Dreams Do Come True

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving!

Groff's POV

But he wouldn't let me finish. He quickly laid Sebastian down on a nearby chair, swooped towards me, and captured my lips with his.

Before I could even register what happened, he and his son were gone from the room.

    I sat in stunned silence, raising a hand to touch my lips. Holy shit. Did Lin just kiss me?

    It took a few seconds, but my brain finally made the connection. LIN KISSED ME. HE DID LIKE ME. PRAISE THE LORD, MY DREAMS HAD COME TRUE!

    I think my heart actually stopped when he did. Though it was only for the briefest of moments, it felt like the world had stopped. Lin's lips were just as soft as I had dreamed.

    This Groffsauce had to let his fangirl out. I carefully flipped over and screamed into my pillow for a good minute.

    The door flew open, scaring me enough to cut off my scream. I rolled over quickly to see a frantic nurse hurrying towards me.

    She stopped dead when I rolled over. "Oh thank God!" she cried. "We got a report that your heart stopped for a few seconds. I feared that you had oxygen in your brain. Are you feeling well? What caused it?" She paused, probably put off by my maniacal grin.

    "Alright!" I exclaimed. "I'm beyond alright! I'm perfect!" I did a little happy dance in my bed, not caring that the movement aggravated my cuts.

    "Okay, sir," the nurse said cautiously, obviously confused. "Well, if you're good, I'll just leave you be."

    "Wait!" I yelped as she turned for the door. "When can I be discharged?"

    "Well, we're going to check your cuts for infection and have a neurologist do a check-up to see if the swelling is going down tomorrow," she replied. "Then, if all is well, you'll be released a few hours later. You won't be able to do anything strenuous, mind you."

    I nodded eagerly. Only one day before I got back to my linnamonroll. "Yes, thank you!"

    She smiled back and left.

    I collapsed back onto my pillows, literally shaking with pent-up emotions. I knew it I knew it I knew it!!!!!

    And I had a whole day to plot just what I was going to do when I saw Lin again.

    I settled into my bed, the pure happiness in my chest combating the pain from my cuts quite nicely. The girls would freak.

    I frowned, briefly. This meant I couldn't kiss anyone in the Ham4Hams anymore, but it was worth it to be the boyfriend of the one I loved.

*  *  *  *

Lin's POV

    What the hell had I just done?

    I hurried out of the hospital towards my car, barely registering the scenery. I buckled Sebastian in and jumped in the front seat, only to slump down.

    I just kissed Jonathan Groff.

    But just as doubts began to swirl in my mind, I forced them down with the realization that had struck me just before I'd kissed him.

    I wasn't over Vanessa's death. Not at all. But Jonathan had helped put me back together, and I realized that I loved him for it. I wanted him in my life.

    I sat up again and began to drive. A sly grin spread across my face. Though I was super nervous about whether or not Groff liked me, I'd probably given him a heart attack. The first time was for his birthday, and the fallout of that had been hilarious. This one? This was Fred & George Weasley worthy.

    I wasn't going to tell the cast yet. That was up to Groffsauce.

*  *  *  *

George & his Schuyler Sisters

Groffsauce: GUYS

Lil'Liza: What

QueenRenee: What's up?

Groffsauce: y'all aren't gonna believe this

JazzHands: tell me

Lil'Liza: don't hold out on us

QueenRenee: This must be big

Groffsauce: LIN KISSED ME

JazzHands: MY SHIP HAS SAILED

Lil'Liza: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

QueenRenee: omg praise jesus he finally came to his senses

Lil'Liza: Tell us everything!

JazzHands: Anthony is very confused in our dressing room since i let out a very loud scream of joy

Groffsauce: whoops i gotta go nurse needs to take my vitals

QueenRenee: NO

JazzHands: EVIL GROFFSAUCE

Lil'Liza: yOU mEaN MY shIP SaiLeD aNd YoU wOnT TelL me HoW!!!!!

A/N: I'd say sorry... but I'm not.