Chapter:11

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
Chapter:11 Published 11/19/2018

•••

"Look first for honesty in a smile, not beauty"-JH Hard

Noah

"Yes dad, I will make sure to bring both of them to the restaurant." Emily said on the phone.

She was talking to her dad while I looked outside the window. The day seemed bright. No evidence of yesterday's rainstorm. I guess it left as quick as it came.

"Alright dad, love you see you soon. Bye." Emily said before hanging up.

"What did he say?" Cole asked Emily. He was sitting on the couch while looking at his phone.

"He wants me to bring the both of you to the restaurant. So, lets get going." She said putting on her coat. "Noah, come on. You are coming." Emily continued grabbing my arm pulling me away from the arm.

"Cole, lock the door please." I said to Cole as he was the last on to exit.

The three of us walked down the stairs before exiting the building.

"Whose car are we taking?" Emily asked.

"Let's take yours." I answered nodding to her car.

She smiled before walking to the driver's side. I sat in the back without much thought. When Cole got in we headed off to see Mr. Adams.

Throughout the car ride Cole and Emily were engrossed in their conversation while I looked out the window.

After the three of us left the cemetery, we came to my apartment. For a while we talked as Emily and Cole tried to comfort me.

But when I saw that they were getting drowsy I told them to sleep in the guest rooms. Thankfully both of them headed to the guest rooms without any argument.

As the night got darker I headed to my room and prepared myself for bed. When I was done I laid on the bed, but I found myself unable to fall asleep. My mind kept drifting to Caroline. I thought about all the "what ifs". Thinking of a future that would never happen.

I wanted a future with her, a future where I could form a family with her. But, fate had other plans.

Thinking about her still hurt, but I was glad she was not in pain. I was relieved that she was okay now and that was all I needed to know. Even if fate had taken her away from me, I knew that one day I would be okay as well.

But for now, I would continue to miss her. Until the days passed and it no longer caused me pain.

For a few hours all I did was think of her until I fond myself falling asleep.

When I woke up this morning I realized that I had dreamed of her again. I was disappointed when I found it was it was a dream but dismissed it since I she appeared in my dreams.

•••

"Noah, Noah!" Cole exclaimed. Snapping back to reality I looked at him.

"Sorry I was thinking about something. Are we here?" I asked and he nodded.

All three of us exited the car and walked towards the restaurant. Emily locked arms with Cole and I.

"Come on cheer up, I am sure Emily will make us something delicious." Cole said as we entered. I heard my phone buzz and I grabbed it. Looking down I saw that it was a message from my brother.

'I hope your friends are taking care of you. I will be home soon. Take care, Noah. See you soon.' It read and I smiled.

Putting the phone back in my pocket I looked ahead. I saw Mr. Adams head towards me. When he reached me, he gave me a hug.