51 | Scott Lang Catch-Up, Pt. 2

AUTHOR'S NOTE

the way im popping off with productivity, and my love for scott. sam is coming next for my falcon stans 💖💗💕
- b.

________

xi. YOU BREAK UP

The very last thing Maggie expected to see at her door on a Thursday evening was her ex-husband. Don't get her wrong; he came over all the time to visit Maggie, pick her up, or help with stuff like appointments - but they always always organized it beforehand. That's the kind of person she was, and keeping Scott in a schedule was the best way to keep him on track.

This time, he hadn't so much as called, and when she opened the door, she could see why. His eyes were red, and his face more solemn than what she was used to. She had seen him in that state before, but she didn't think by any means, that she'd have to deal with it again. He had his new friends, and a stable relationship for that.

Despite her irritation that he'd decided her house to come to when upset, she furrowed her eyebrows in concern at his demeanor. They'd once been together, and seeing him so distressed still made her feel bad.

"What the Hell is wrong with you?" She heard her husband ask from over her shoulder, and she couldn't help but elbow him at his emotional bluntness.

Scott characteristically rolled his eyes, yet there was so snark behind it as he couldn't meet their gaze, "I didn't know who else to come to . . . Luis has never been in a serious relationship, and-"

"Scott, what is it?" Maggie prompted, a gentle hand reaching out to comfort him by holding his shoulder. It should have been awkward, but Scott didn't look like he was trying to keep up appearances; in fact, he looked like he was about to burst into tears on her porch. She was belatedly glad that it was way passed Cassie's bedtime, and she was already fast asleep under her covers by then.

"(Y/n) and I broke up."

______

"So, why did it even happen?" Maggie asked him once they were seating in the lounge room. Paxton reached over the couch to hand her a cup of coffee that she'd practically ordered him to make before Scott even stepped foot in the parlor. She held it between her hands, looking at her ex expectantly, waiting for his reply.

He sighed exasperatedly, leaning back in his chair as he avoided her gaze, "I don't know . . . Hell-"

"Yes you do, Scott. There's always a reason when people have the break up talk," She told him decidedly. Even in their relationship, she was incredibly blunt. It was something her liked about her in the beginning, but began to resent for obvious reasons. He never knew how to say anything straight.