Library

-Bruces POV-

I woke up to cold air brushing against my skin softly. I opened my eyes and noticed I was still in Jerome's Bunker. I was in his room, the blankets had been pushed over me. I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and stretched. I could feel my back crack as my arms reached into the air. I yawned and checked the time on my phone. 10:30am.

I stood up and grabbed Jeremiah's jacket and put it around my shoulder, not putting my arms through the sleeves. I walked down the hall and followed the sound of soft classical music playing. It lead me to his study where I found him slumped over at his desk.
"Jeremiah?" I asked. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his back.
He awoke suddenly.

"Oh, Bruce, how did you sleep? You fell asleep I didn't want to disturb you. It was late. I thought you would be better off here then driving home half awake" he sat up and stretched his arms up above him.

"Thank you" I smiled and leaned against the desk and took a look at what he was doing.

He quickly covered the paperwork and notebook.
"You hungry?" He asked me with a smile.

He got up and walked over to the door and waved his hand for me to follow. I glanced down at the desk in curiosity for a split second before smiling and following him down the hall to the kitchen.

I sat at the table and watched him prep for cooking.
"Do you mind if I play some music? It helps me cook and makes it fun if you ask me"
"Not at all, I should call alfred, let him know I'm okay"

Jeremiah smiled and grabbed a carton of eggs from the fridge.
"No need I called him last night when I noticed you had fallen asleep, let him know I was going to let you stay the night"
I smiled and watched him crack open an egg.
"How many eggs bruce" he asked.
"Two is fine"
"Toast?"
"Uh, yes please. Thank you"

After he was done cooking he handed me a plate. Two sunny side up eggs, a piece of toast cut into two slices with a thin layer of jam, and a glass of fresh orange juice.
He then proceeded to make himself a plate and sat beside me.

"You know Bruce, I liked having you here. It's nice to have company over that I'm not paying to have here"
"well technically I'm paying to be here" we both laughed.
"I guess you are, arent you"

Jeremiah cleared the table and washed the dishes.
"You're more them welcome to use the shower. Water pressure is amazing, water gets nice and hot, oh and you can borrow some clothes for the day, I'm sure they arent your style but they'll do just fine"

"Thank you, just give me whatever you have that'll fit me. I'll change when I get home and return it right away"

- Jeremiah's POV-

I smiled and handed Bruce a towel and fetched him the clean clothing.
"I'm sorry if this shower gives you a hard time at first, the person who designed this was an idiot"

"Wait" Bruce looked at me with a smile. "Didnt you design this"

I laughed, "yes, I'm an idiot, just give it a pull towards you to start the water and then turn it to the left and it should start to become hot, it does take a minute or two. If it takes longer then five minutes shout for me I'll figure out what the issue is. I'll be in my office"

Bruce nodded and I shut the bathroom door. I walked down the hall to my office and sat at my desk.
I pushed the papers out of the way and brought out my blue prints. They were a map of Gotham. Sections placed out for each power generator to be placed. I sighed and pushed it to the side. "No, hes too kind to you Jeremiah" I said to myself under my breath.
I grabbed the notebook and opened it.
Jerome had written countless ways to murder someone but the part that caught my attention the most was the section dedicated to how to murder Bruce. Lather him in honey and have him be eaten alive by insects, or buried alive with just enough air to make the dying slow. Sadistic stuff and all about someone he claimed to love.
"I'm happy Bruce is here with me. Safe from this maniac" I thought to myself. I tucked the notebook away and cleaned up my work space.