Stranded

I awoke gasping for air, water spraying out of my mouth as it drained from my lungs. I had been dragged onto the muddy bank of what appeared to be a large river. I could see the city lights in the distance, the far distance. Water ran swiftly out of a sewer pipe not more then five feet beside me. I heard coughing and turned to see Jerome on all fours puking.
I stood up weekly, my right ankle aching with pain. Assuming it was broken I carefully propped all my weight onto the left foot, trying my hardest to limp away.
Jerome gaged horribly, blood spilling out onto the ground as he puked a second time.
My instinct was to help him, but why, he had tried to kill me earlier.
I shrugged and knelt down propping him onto my shoulder and helped him to his feet. He groaned in pain as I paces my hand on his torso.
To my knowledge his ribs were broken from the repeated crashing in the sewer. He gripped onto my arm as I helped walk him further up the river side beach. If I learned anything from Selina it was his to take care of yourself in a situation where all hope seemed lost. I sat Jerome down on the ground and propped him up against a tree. Since we were by the river there was bound to be some sort of trash bin or bucket. After a few moments of searching I came across an old half rusted bin. I filled it with dry leaves, sticks and dry weeds. I found two dry rocks and clicked them together trying to make sparks. This went on for minutes before Jerome spoke.
"You're never going to start a fire being that wimpy"
I was covered in dirt, human waste and sewer water, I was not in the mood for his snarky attitude.
"Shut up"
"Hit them harder" he said before coughing obnoxiously.
I rolled my eyes and did as told. Sure enough sparks came from the rocks as the smashed together, landing on the dry leaves and instantly catching ablaze. I removed my wet clothes down to my underwear and propped them into the branches above the fire. I then stood close to the fire to keep warm. I looked over at Jerome who was shivering holding his arms tightly around himself trying to keep warm. I sighed and once again felt myself pitying him when I had no reason to. I knelt down and propped Jerome up, unbuttoning his soaked vest and shirt hanging them in the tree beside my drying clothes. His torso was badly bruised, black, blue and purple welts lay all around the left side of his body.
I helped him stand and slowly undid the button of his pants.
"Stay close to the fire, our clothes should be dry enough that we won't freeze to death in no time. I'll keep the fire alive as long as I can"
Jerome slightly smiled before falling into me a bit. I looked around and found an old tarp that was mostly dry. I walked it back over to Jerome and wrapped it around him.
"It's not much, but eventually your body heat will add up and you'll stay warm enough to survive"

Jerome looked up at me with a confused expression as he wrapped the tarp around himself as well as he could.
"Why are you helping me"
"I don't ... I don't know, I don't like seeing people suffer, even bad people"
Jerome looked down and back up at me.
"I see, well, thank you" he forced a fake smile before allowing himself to lay carefully on his noninsured side. I held my hands out in front of the fire feeling the heat from each flame lick my drying skin. The cold winter air nipped at my body like razor blades. As the fire began to die out I reached up to feel the level or drying the clothes had done. Not much progress. I sighed and sat beside Jerome pulling part of the tarp over myself to prevent the cold, light wind from hitting my bare skin.
I lay down and watched the sky as the clouds covered and uncovered the stars as they zoomed by. I slowly began to fall asleep, being careful of the killer beside me.

-Alfred and Gordon-
"He took him, he took Bruce" Alfred screamed slamming the door behind him of the GCPD captains office.
"Mr Pennyworth please calm down we wi-"
"Calm down? Don't you dare tell me to bloody calm down, that boy is family and he took him, he could be doing god knows what with him" Alfred took a step forward and slammed his hand firmly onto the captains desk and leaned forward towards him.
"You find that boy or so help me I'll"
"Alfred!" Gordon interrupted with a fake smile.
"Well find him"
Alfred stepped back brushing himself off and standing up Straight again.
"That you will mate"
Alfred walked impatiently out of the office as Gordon followed.
"You can't go screaming at the GCPD captain like this"
"He's 15 mate, he's probably scared out of his mind. We must find him"
"And we will, for now, you go home get some rest, I'll call you when any leads come up"
Alfred looked Gordon up and down their eyes meeting.
"If he dies that's on your head, on the departments head, don't let my boy die" Alfred said quietly, demanding results.
He took a deep breathe and turned heading out the door.
Gordon sighed and turned to Harvey, his long time partner and friend.
"We have to find that boy"