Point of Change

-Bruce's POV-
It had been a few months since I last saw Jerome. All I received was letters that were left on the windowsill to wake up to updating me on the fact that he loved me and to let me know he was okay.
I had no way to respond since I had no clue where they were coming from or where he was staying.
I went to school everyday, I took back control over my company, at least almost. The court of owls fucked that up a bit. Alfred and I are trying to get to the bottom of it. We're not sure how they're involved but we discovered a glass owl that we hope will give us answers to who they are.

It had been a long day and all I wanted to do was sleep so I went upstairs and went into my closet to change into my PJs when I heard the window opening.
"Selina I know that's you"
"Dammit you've really figured me out haven't I"
I laughed and pulled my shirt off slipping into my blue silk PJ shirt.
"You never use front doors, you still from the rich and give to yourself, you're like a selfish Robin Hood"
Selina rolled her eyes.
"Here, this was on the windowsill, I opened it because I was curious, all it says is I love you"
I smiled and nodded changing from my slacks into the silk pants.
"Yeah, that's from Jerome. I get one maybe once a week"
Selina stared at me strangely
"And you're okay with that? You're no planning on moving on? Face it your relationship is over"
I sighed.
"Yes, he'll be back sooner or later. He loves me. I just have to wait. Alfred said nothing real comes easily" I walked out of the room across the hall to the bathroom.
I filled the basin with hot water and dipped a wash cloth in and then rubbed it into my face massaging my skin with the hot wet cloth.

The next thing I knew I was being roughly pulled back the clicking up a gun sounded beside my ear. Without thinking I grabbed the persons arm and swung them over my shoulder slamming them into the hard tile floor of the bathroom. The gun skipping across the floor.

"Where the fuck did you learn that"
"Jerome!" I helped him up pulling him into a very firm hug. I pulled back and looked into his soft eyes. Green as always.

There was something off about him. His face was rimmed with staples his eyes surrounded by bruises and slits. I placed my hand on his face gently putting my fingers along the cut touching the staples.
"What happened to you"
"Eh, Dwight Stole my face blah blah blah, come here baby" he pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.
Selina's heels clicked down the hallway, Jerome pulled away and broke the window. He grabbed me and covered my mouth and pulled me out with him jumping to the ground.

"where are you taking me"
He let go of me and grabbed my wrist pulling me along.
"Hush, you'll see"
I pulled away from him and yanked my wrist away.
"Jerome I demand answers, where are you taking me. I've grown past the running away. You have to let me know where you're taking me"

I felt a strike of pain I my cheek as his hand struck me roughly causing me to take a few steps backward.
"Shut up and lets go"
"I'm not going anywhere with you. I thought you loved me Jerome but I can see I was wrong"
He stopped and turned to me grabbing my jaw forcing his lips into mine. I pushed him back and pulled away from him.

"Don't touch me" I could feel the pain in my face from the back hand slap I had just received.
"Why are you treating me like this. I thought you loved me, I thought I mattered, you've changed"
"Yeah well" Jerome raised his voice "being dead does a lot to man"
"Being dead" I paused and took a step back "y-you died?"

Before Jerome could answer the lights to the backyard came on, Alfred calling my name followed by Selina doing the same.
I pushed Jerome through the brush and ran, following him not caring where he lead me anymore. When we were a good distance away I stopped grabbing his arm.
"Jerome..." I turned him. Looking up into his eyes as he was still taller then me. "What happened to you. How could you have died but be standing in front of me"

Jerome explained how Galavan had in anger stabbed him in the throat causing him to bleed out and a lunatic who went by Dwight cut off his face when his attempt to reanimate him failed, but it turned out to only be a delayed reaction and he came back anyway.
We talked things through and I guess I said something that set him off again because once again he slapped me hard in the same spot, he hit me hard, I fell and felt dizzy. Everything sounding far away and then darkness.
The next thing I knew I was handcuffed to a wooden beam being rolled out into a lions ring surrounded by people laughing and hooting.
Some changing "kill him" "cut his throat" "hang him" "blast him with the cannon"

"Ladies and Gentlemen" Jerome said. He wore white pants with a black stripe going down each outer seam, an orange vest covering a white button up and a red long tailed jacket and a black top hat. He held a mega phone in his hand and announced his plan to use the cannon.
I watched as he lit the fuse, panic taking over me as it got smaller and smaller. I pulled and pulled at the cuffs spraining my wrist as I broke free. I pulled away moments before the cannon erupted with all sorts of shrapnel. I ran, fast. I hid in the hall of mirrors.

A few moments later I heard footsteps. "Oh Brucie, Cmon our boy, I won't hurt ya boy" the footsteps drew closer. He held a gun. I ran to a new location, my reflection bouncing off all sides of the room. He fire the gun shattering a mirror, missing me entirely.
"Cmon my little conquistador, let's fight this mano y Mano"
When his back was turned I jumped, pushing him to the ground with my body weight. He struggled to get away. I turned him, pinning him to the ground by straddling him. I looked down. Directly into his eyes. The love I once saw was hidden under anger and sorrow.
"You don't need to do this Jerome. Please, it's me. I love you" he pushed me back causing me to slam my head into the ground.

I stood to protect myself and he threw a punch, his fist landing directly in my nose. I teared up and threw two punches, one to his face the other to his side. It went back and forth till finally I had hi on the ground. Repeated strikes causing the staples to come lose, he edged me on, taunting me, telling me to do it, to kill him. I grabbed a shard of glass and held it above him ready to plunge it into his chest but I cause sight of myself in the mirrors.
I threw the glass down and scream. "I hate you" I stood up without another word and left Jerome laying, bloody from my punches. I sobbed and left the mirror hall to see Gordon and Alfred.

"Alfred" I yelled running to him, gripping onto him tightly. He took me home as soon as he could and cleaned me up.
"What in the bloody hell happened"
"I offered to give him help, I told him to turn himself in and he would get mental help and get freed because he could work on himself and he just snapped and instantly hated the idea"
Alfred shrugged and helped clean the blood off my hands.
"I almost killed him Alfred"
"I'm glad you didn't, I will not kill, say that master Bruce"
"I will not kill"

I began to cry, not caring if Alfred could see me. He got up and pulled me into a hug.
"I love him Alfred. And I'm scared I'll never see the side of him I fell in love with"
Alfred said nothing he just held me, stroking the back of my head gently to calm me. After a few minutes he walked me to my bedroom and healed me into bed after I changed out of my bloody clothing.
"Do you think he'll come back for me" I asked as Alfred went to leave the room.
He stopped and sighed.
"If he really loved you, I'm sure you'll see him again Bruce. Goodnight"
"Goodnight Alfred, I love you"
I saw him smile.
"I love you too Master B"