The Benefit

-Bruce's POV-
"Master Bruce, wake up, now!"
I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head trying my hardest to ignore him.
"Bruce, up. Now! We'll be late"
I groaned again and pushed my blanket over my head further.
"Bruce don't make me come in there and strip you out of your bed"
I kicked the blanket off of me and grumpily walked to the door and opened it and looked up into Alfred's eyes.
"What"
"I started the shower, go wash up I'll prep breakfast"
I sighed and nodded. Without arguing I pushed myself past Alfred and down the hall into a large bathroom decorated with black towels and  a large black Victorian framed mirror. Two sink bowls elevated over the counter with white ceramic. A porcelain tub sat in the corner along the the wall, across the bathroom was a glass walled shower which was running. The glass was fogged up from the temperature of the water.
I shrugged and stripped off my blue silk pajamas  and stepped into the shower closing the glass sliding door behind me. I stood for a few moments letting the hot water flow over my head, over my face, and over my shoulders. I heard a knock on the door and realized I had been in the shower for a long time. I washed up quickly and stepped out.  I Towel dried myself off quickly. I wrapped my towel around my waist and walked back to my room. Alfred stood in the door and handed me a black suit and shut the door behind him.
"10 minutes Master Bruce. I'll be in the car"
I rolled my eyes and quickly put on my suit and brushed my hair and sighed. I looked at myself in the mirror of a few moments and then took a deep breathe and put on a smile on and ran down to the car and joined Alfred.

We drove in silence as we drove to the benefit for Galavan.
I walked around talking to random people for a
while, enjoying myself as Alfred flirted with Gordon's Girlfriend Lee. He had no clue and it was quite funny. I stood there, playing innocent like nobody knew she was taken.
A few moments later they announced the magician was going to come on and preform some stupid act Alfred Insisted on forcing me to watch.
"But I don't like Magicians"
"Were staying"
He came on and did a few tricks with hoops and ropes, showing off his easily figured out tricks before calling for a volunteer.
I kept quiet, watching the room to see who was picked.
"How about the prince of Gotham, Bruce Wayne"
I groaned as Alfred pushed me forward, practically forcing me to go on stage.
I rolled my eyes and approached carefully, making eye contact with the performer. He lay me down in the box whispering in my ear for me to bend my legs inside the first as not to get actually harmed by the blade. I faked a smile and did as I was told, really not wanting to be up in front of the entire party of people. I looked up at him, trusting him not to hurt me.
He then smirked down at me and winked, pushing the blade threw the boxes, making it appear as though I had been cut in half.
The party goers began to cheer and clap, I felt happy. A smile came across my face as I was helped out of the box. The magician smiled and asked me to bow so I did. He took my hand gently helping me off the chair I was standing on.  I smiled once more and instantly ran back to Alfred.
"Can we go now please"
Alfred nodded and turned to say goodbye to lee. He stopped noticing she was kissing Gordon passionately with her arms wrapped tightly around his shoulders.
"You knew"
I smirked and held back a laugh
"You knew and you let me make a bloody fool of myself"
I said nothing and chuckled as we head towards the door.
"And might I add, nobody's getting out of here alive"
The magicians voice said loudly. The crowd laughed.
I turned sharply at the gasps of the crowd.  A knife was lodged into a mans chest, the magician smiling, who he was slowly clicking in my mind.

The guests started to panic the room filled with fear. I noticed Selina slip out the side. I ran to follow.
"Bruce!" Alfred called after me. I ignored him and followed Selina out of the party. She lead me out of the building.
"It's how I got in, we need to leave. Now"
I stopped and looked down.
"Alfred, I can't leave him he could be hurt"
I slowly crept back through the secret department and watched from behind a thick red curtain as the magician slowly revealed himself. His fake beard coming off and being thrown to the side. He was Jerome Valeska, the leader of the psychotic team called the Maniax who were recently broken out of Arkham Asylum.
"Brucieeee" he said in a high voice. Eager to find me. His reasons weren't clear to me, all I knew was he wanted me dead. I watched carefully as he sighed and signaled to someone.
"Fine then. Kill the butler"
I hesitated and watched as Alfred was slowly being forced towards the stage.
"NO" I screamed, revealing myself from behind the curtain. I was grabbed and brought to Jerome who grabbed me and pulled out a knife, holding it to my throat.
A camera, which was broadcasting the entire event to the whole of Gotham was pointed directly at us. The knife sliding gently along my skin breaking the top layer of skin.

Never in my life had I been this scared, I was petrified. I watched as Gordon and Alfred tried to get a begged shot at Jerome who was using me as a shield.
"I don't have a clean shot"
"Stay calm Bruce" Alfred assured me from across the room.

Without hesitation Jerome took a step back, the floor collapsing out from under us. We plunged into freezing water, his hand gripping firmly onto my wrist as the fierce current sucked us into god knows where. Sharp turns lashed us into the corners of the sewer walls, sudden dips causes me to be dunked under the disgusting water. Jerome's hand never leaving my wrist, finally we reached a pool, at the center was a large Whirlpool that seemed to be sucking everything down. I screamed as the water sucked us under. My vision being blocked by the brown water forcing my eyes closed . My ears popping the deeper we got . I could feel my heart pounding dangerously fast. I felt a tight grip on my forearm and opened my eyes for a few moments seeing Jerome doing his best to swim. My vision went blurry, his grip seemed to get tighter and tighter. His arm wrapping firmly around my torso. Without thinking I went to take a breathe, my lungs filling with water causing me to choke. Then everything went black.