Mazes and Tunnels

-Bruce's POV-
Jerome lay silently on the hard ground as the sun slowly crept over the city skyline. I shivered, having moved myself away from the sleeping killer laying beside me.
I stood up and grabbed my still slightly damp clothes and pulled them on. Carefully I tried to gather more dry leaves and twigs, anything I could find really to start another fire to try to dry off as much as possible.
I guess the sound of the rocks hitting together woke Jerome as he sat up in annoyance and looked at me for a moment.
"What are you doing? What am I naked"
I held back a chuckle and got the fire going.
Jerome looked up and grabbed his clothes and put them on not caring that they were freezing and damp. He turned to me and glared down at me as if I had done something wrong. Without a word he turned and went to walk away, only making it a few feet before collapsing into the ground with a loud thud. I sighed and walked over. I held out my hand and looked down at him with serious eyes.
"If were going to survive out here until someone finds us, we've got to work together. As much as you scare me and as much as we have our differences we must see past them"
Jerome rolled his eyes and gripped my hand as I helped him to his feet.
He stared at me for a moment and slowly approached the fire and turned his back to it. Steam started to billow off of him from his clothes drying. I chuckled slightly and smiled. He turned and my smile vanished, he turned to face his front towards the fire. Again steam started to fly off of him like he had caught fire.

-Alfred and Gordon-
Alfred paced back and forth along the long empty hallway of the Wayne Manor. In that moment the doorbell wrung, letting a loud pling from the bell through the entire building. Gordon waited impatiently at the front door with a stack of files in his hand he had illegally taken from the GCPD. As soon as Alfred opened the door Gordon pushed his way inside handing the files to the confused butler.
"There's about 300 places that trap door could've taken them. All of which are in the sewers, it's a labyrinth under Gotham but we're determined to find your boy"
Alfred turned shutting the door. His eyes showing the pure concern he had for Bruce.
"300 are you bloody Joking? He's not with miss Kyle this time, he's been taken by Jerome Valeska" Alfred's voice began to rise.
"Alfred please, well find him"
"Will you?" Alfred tried to keep his cool, holding his arms behind his back and pushing his shoulders back to show a proper pose.
Gordon took one of the files back and opened it pulling out a map of the sewer system.
"If we start by sending a search team into the trap door they vanished into, well at least have a start and a shot at finding Bruce" Gordon reassured a worried Alfred.
"We better damn will or I swear"
"Alfred"
"Right. Sorry Gordon"
"No need"
Gordon and Alfred walked to the den and set the files out in neat sections going over the information in each one.

One was a map of the sewer systems, another the "rush" times of the waters flow.
About every hour, once an hour, water would Flood the entire sewer system pouring out into the river leading to the ocean.
They sat for hours going over all the possible places Jerome could've taken Bruce before Alfred slammed his hand down on the files and looked seriously at Gordon.
"Why the bloody hell are we still doing sitting here. Let's get a move on and get some men down into the damn sewer or I will go down my own bloody self"
Gordon stood up and nodded in agreement and they went out into Gordon's card and drove to the GCPD.

-Bruce's POV-
I could see him struggle to stand, swaying slightly as he stood weakly in front of the roaring flames. His hair messy and curling slightly from drying naturally. He looked forward staring intently at the red orange flames as they reached up trying to lick his flesh. He turned and looked me up and down with a rather disgusted look on his face.
"The fuck you want kid" I choked and turned my stares away quickly and put my head down.
"Nuh-nothing"
"Mhm"
I stared down into the fire trying to ignore him. The next thing I knew his hands were touching my shoulders turning me towards him, his hands then moving to my throat.
"Don't hurt me"
Jerome didn't respond he slid his finger across the cut on my neck.
I pinched my eyes closed and prayed he wouldn't hurt me.
"Relax Brucie I'm not going to hurt you, just wanted to see what damage I did"
I opened my eyes and looked at him as he took his hands off of me and gave me a small smiled.
"We should probably try to find a way back to the city" he turned and looked at the now fully lit skyline.
He seemed different, he didn't seem dangerous, psychotic, but not dangerous.