Chapter thirteen

"You are a dirty, no good, terrible excuse of a she-cat!" The anger that surged through Sagepaw scared even her. Her voice shook with anger. Who was talking wasn't just her, but every ounce of rage and misery combined poring out.
However, Poppytail remained with that same blank look. The look that showed no emotion. No regret, no sadness. Just, nothing. Sagepaw was beginning to think she didn't feel anything. After all, she did leave her brother for dead.

"I only did what I had to do." This only made Sagepaw angrier. Her fur stood on end as her claws sheathed and unsheathed.

"What's going on over here?" Skyrain's soft voice calmed the raging she-cat for a heartbeat. Taking her back to her kit-hood, but it only reminded her why she was standing here in the first place.

"She left Hawkkit to die!" She wailed. "She just left him!"

Skyrain blinked, her eyes widened. "What? I-I thought a fox got him..." Skyrain trailed off.

"Don't be foolish!" Glowstar, the new leader, trotted over. The midnight sky made her golden pelt glow. "She speaks out of grief. You know how the loss of someone can make you talk." She mewed calmly.

Once again, anger streamed through Sagepaw. "No I'm not!" She hollered. Why would no one believe her?
By now, cats had gathered around, muttering to themselves. Sagepaw was sure they thought she was as crazy as a headless rabbit, and jabbered on like a blackbird. But she knew the truth. She just needed to prove it.
She spun on her paws, catching Ravenpaw's eyes. His eyes were round, and surprise was evident in them.

Keeping her eyes trained on his, she mewed "I'm leaving." Gasps immediately broke out among the cats. Ravenpaw's eyes turned to a look of pleading as he shook his head. "This is not the great clan I was promised. This is not the family I wanted. Or, the mother I wanted."
The cats in front of her stood out of the way as she stomped forward, her tail lashing uncontrollably as she walked.

Two words. Two words was all it took for a whole story to unfold. For chaos, and peace to begin. Two words, that would change everything.