Six

Comment pretty pls! This whole chapter was rewritten!

--

The day of the party was among Scarlett, and the butterflies she's been feeling all week were now in overdrive. She knew that her mum wouldn't let her go to the party, especially since it was Scarlett's second week in a public school. But, she said she was going and she'll be damned if she missed her first high school party.

Scarlett had told Amelia that she was in a study group with some kids from school, and she won't be home till late. Her mum didn't bother to question the story.

Ashton sent a text to Scarlett earlier that day telling her to be at his house at five, so she can help set up since the boys wouldn't be coming till later. She agreed, and started packing her clothes for the party, and afterwards. Just in case.

For the party, Scarlett packed a halterneck cropped top with a plunge neckline to give her cleavage a little pop. With that, skinny jeans with the front low and nude sandal heels were thrown in as well.

Scarlett packed everything into her bookbag, so her mum wouldn't get too suspicious if she left without it. To arrive to Ashton's house, she wore plain blue jeans and a pale purple tee shirt with a turtle on the breast pocket. She slung the bag over her shoulder and made her way downstairs.

In the living room, Amelia and Nicole were watching reruns of Law & Order: SVU with a bowl of popcorn between them.

Scarlett pooked her head into the living room and waved to her mum, "I'm heading out!"

Her mum waved back while Nicole groaned, "You're letting Scar go out? While I can't?"

Amelia slapped her on the back of the head, "You want to go to a house party, Scarlett has a study group."

Nicole sat back on the couch, her eyes glaring at Scarlett. "Study group," Nicole said sarcastically, air quoting with her fingers."

"Oh, shut up, Nicole." Scarlett spat, and before Nicole could say anything else, Amelia shushed both of them.

"That's enough," Amelia glared at both of her daughters. She shooed Scarlett out, "The keys are on the counter, let me know if anything changes about when you're coming back."

Scarlett nodded and said goodbye one final time. She took the keys off the countertop and shut the door behind her before driving to Ashton's.

Ashton greeted her with a wide smile when he opened the front door for her as soon as she pulled into the driveway.

"Thank God you agreed to help," Ashton said, closing the door once she entered, "everyone else decided to flake."

"It's no problem," She replied, setting down her bag and looking around where she stood.

The house was huge, to say the least. The high ceiling and spaced out furniture was the perfect atmosphere for a huge party. The wooden floors looked brand new but wouldn't look like that by the end of the night.

"Your house is really nice," Scarlett complimented, earning a beam from Ashton.

"Thanks," He responded, "My parents are gone for the weekend, and to their knowledge, I'm far away from here."

"So you have to keep it this way," Scarlett finished for Ashton, he nodded in agreement.

"Yep, so anything that can break has to be put away." Ashton said, picking up one of the picture frames off the mantel, "Just put everything in these boxes and I'll hide them in the closet."