forty-six

This is it.

--

There's a quote in the book 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' by David Levithan and John Green that says; "When things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. It's because the a little piece gets lost -- the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. The whole shape has changed."

That's how Scarlett felt when she went home that night. When she went home with Ashton behind her, tears streaming down her face, Hannah and Rose did not hesitate to bring her into a big group hug. They have a rule with their friendship, comfort first, ask questions later. But Hannah and Rose knew that whatever happened, they wouldn't be able to get the words out of Scar without her bursting into tears. So, when Rose went to go in the bathroom with Scarlett to clean up the makeup that was running down her face, Hannah pulled Ashton aside and asked what had happened to her. Ashton told her with a hushed tone, but Hannah didn't believe it. It was all so much, that Luke had cheated on Scarlett when he would say everyday that he loved her so much.

Hannah had asked if he was drunk, Ashton shook his head no and explained that when Luke is drunk, he is all giggly and can't handle himself. Hannah was in disbelief.

Rose still didn't know what had happened that night and she was a little afraid to find out. But when Hannah had whispered to her what had happened, Rose didn't even question it and brought Scar into a bear hug.

Michael and Calum were the only ones left at that party, including Luke. But Michael and Calum needed to find Luke and stop him from doing whatever he was about to do with Susan.

Michael glanced around the room full of sweaty people, his fist clenching and unclenching repeatedly. "Where would Luke be?"

Calum shrugged and glanced to the staircase, "Scar said that she saw them go upstairs, so let's start there."

Michael nodded and  marched his way to the stair bannister, and started going up it. On top of the stairs, Calum took ahold of Michael's forearm and asked how they were going to find Luke without bursting on someone else.

Michael shrugged and went to the first door, wiggling the door knob, it was locked. Michael pounded on the door and he got the response, "Hey, occupied!"

It wasn't Luke's voice, so they moved onto the next one. Still wasn't Luke. Eventually, Calum called Mikey over, saying he heard Luke's voice in the room down the hall. Mikey checked to see if the door was locked, it wasn't. Dumbass. Calum and Michael barged in to see something they were praying they didn't have to see. Luke was on top of Susan, both of them were naked.

Michael gripped Luke's shoulder and flung him backwards so Luke was on the floor. Susan screeched, and crawled
under the covers when she saw Luke fly off of her.

"Oh my god!" Susan screeched, "What are you doing?"

Michael glared at her before turning his attention back to Luke who was scrambling back to his feet. Before Luke could get back straight up, Mikey punched him so he was on the ground again.

"Mike!" Calum yelled, pulling him away from Luke.

"You're defending him?! After what he did to Scar?!" Michael yelled, throwing his arms in the air.

"I know what he did was terrible, alright? Let's just get him out of here." Calum sighed in frustration, grabbing Luke by the arm pulling him up.

Michael tossed Luke's clothes at him and walked out of the room.