Thirty-one

Michael is going to go bald next year just watch.

--

Some people say that happiness is waking up in the middle of the night for no reason, and you feel the heat of person next to you. You would turn around and see them in their most peaceful, innocent, and vulnerable state. They would breath as if the weight of the world is on everybody's shoulders but their own.

Scarlett turned over when she woke up late the next morning and looked at Luke's face. His eyes were shut so you couldn't see his blue eyes, the blue eyes she adored so much. His mouth was opened and soft snores left his mouth.

Scarlett ran her fingers through the side of Luke's hair, him fidgeting a little. Luke eventually woke up, his eyes fluttering open. Luke smiled when he saw Scarlett still right beside him.

"Good morning princess." Luke yawned.

"Good morning." Scarlett smiled "You yawn like a kitten."

"I'm a manly kitten." Luke smiled, his eyes closing.

"Hey. Don't fall asleep on me." Scarlett frowned.

"I'm trying not too babe." Luke laughed, "You still remember last night?"

"Hard to forget it." Scarlett smiled, leaning over and placing a quick kiss on his lips.

Luke smiled when she pulled away. "Do you think the others are awake?"

Scarlett shrugged "I would think so, probably piss drunk out of their minds."

Luke sat up, still naked and pulled up his black jeans from last night. Then his black T-shirt he wore under his flannel. He tossed Scarlett his flannel and she buttoned it up, then slipping on shorts she left by the bed. Scarlett put her hair in a messy bun, and Luke ran his fingers through his hair to make it stick up.

Scarlett grabbed Luke's hand and guided him down the stairs. He still used his free hand to fix his hair.

When they got down to the kitchen, Michael was flipping pancakes, and Rose, Calum, Hannah and Ashton were all face down on the kitchen table.

"Out of all people, I expected Michael to be piss drunk." Scarlett said, and Luke nodded.

Michael laughed, flipping another pancake. "I wasn't even in the mood to get drunk."

"Any lucky girl from last night?" Luke asked, dragging a chair back from the table and sitting on it, the back of the chair covering his stomach.

Michael pointed his spatula at Luke, "I did make out with the one girl. I don't even remember her name."

Scarlett scoffed and Michael rolled his eyes "Don't scoff at me missy! We all heard you two last night."

"Oh my god, Michael!" Scarlett groaned, burying her face in her hands.

"Don't you mean 'Oh my god, Luke!'" Michael faked moaned "Because that's what we've been hearing all last night."

Rose raised her hand, but her head was still down, "I second that."

"Oh, how would you know?" Scarlett shouted, "You were piss drunk having sex with Calum!"

Calum raised his hand and head, "Now I second that."

Rose took her hand that she rose, and smacked Calum on the side of the head.

Everyone laughed as Calum rubbed the side of his head. "That just made my hangover worse."

Ashton and Hannah were laying down on the sofa, Hannah was laying on top of Ashton of course.