Noah held up him spoon for his daddy to try his ice cream once again, "thanks bud," Calum's heart cried as he ate the cookies n' cream off the spoon, he offered Noah some of his which he also happily accepted. He played with his son's curls as the sat together, "what do you think about getting a hair cut little man?"

"No," Noah pouted

"Well that told me." Calum mumbled still playing with curls on his head, "what if daddy got one too?" He tried to compromise with his son who looked deep in thought at the suggestion.

"Okay," he said cautiously in his baby voice. So that's what they did, after finishing their ice cream and Noah got cleaned up they went to get their hair cuts.

Noah would cry if he got put in a chair on his own so Jerry, Calum's barber settled for letting him sit on his dad's lap if he would keep still while he cut his hair.

Noah sat quietly watching paw patrol on Calum's phone while Calum got his hair trimmed, "he's getting bigger every time I see him," Jerry says as the scissors snipped through his hair. The truth was Calum didn't really need a haircut, he had one just a feed day before but if it meant Noah got one then he guess he could do it.

"I know, he's growing too fast," Calum smiles at his son who was sat on his lap. Calum always wondered what Noah would grow up to be but he also never wanted to think about it too much, he just wanted his little boy to stay how he was. It felt strange to Calum that one day Noah wasn't going to be the cute little 2 year old running around his apartment forever.

Jerry finished Calum up by brushing the stranded hairs on the back of his neck before preparing to cut the little boy's hair too. Calum fidgeted in the chair sitting back up properly in the chair again, rearranging his son in the process who was still fixated on Paw Patrol, "you ready buddy?" Calum asked rubbing his son's back in a comforting manner, without looking back at his dad Noah just nodded which Jerry took as a sign to start his handy work.

When Noah was first born all Calum would do is hold him, he would even fall asleep with him in his arms so he found it hard to start letting him try things on his own, Calum had never loved anything as much as he loved Noah before in his life, it was as if Noah was a second life support to Calum and he knew he had to be Noah's.

Just as Calum adored his son, Noah also adored his daddy, he followed in every footstep Calum took and Calum knew that from very early on in their lives together.

Calum was very cautious about who was brought into Noah's life. He didn't want anyone else to up and leave him again, he deserved people who loved him in his life and yet again Calum knew he wouldn't have always been able to protect him but he could at least try.

Now you may think of Calum as 'controlling' but in all truth he just knew he wanted his child to have the best life he could possibly live.

Because of Noah's patient behaviour it didn't take long for Jerry to cut his hair and for that he received a lolly pop which was well achieved. It may not have been a brilliant idea to give a child loads of sugar in one day but it didn't happen everyday and he would usually do the complete opposite of what most kids would do, he crashed.

Calum looked at his snoozing son through his mirror, the lolly pop still all sticky wrapped up in his hand. Smiling to himself he focused back on the road for the rest of the drive home.

When they arrived Calum carefully removed his child from the car seat making sure not to jolt him awake before making his way back up to his apartment. Once through the door he kicked off his shoes and slowly took a seat on the sofa with Noah still in his arms, he laid down on the full length of the sofa, the little boy nuzzled in on Calum's chest while he removed the small shoes from his feet.

It didn't take Calum long to drop asleep, his chest raising up and down with his child soundly sleeping on top.

-

Calum and Noah have all my uwus
what about you?

Also I don't know if anyone noticed but the first letter of each chapter heading is the next letter in the alphabet :) - the idea was given to me by my friend Helena

Also my friend Sienna made this meme and I think it's 100000% accurate

Love y'all, it's gonna get even cuter so prepare yourselves ;)

- denyluke