Vikklan- Flower Child Parts 1 & 2

Start from the beginning

I took the plate and cups outside and set them on the outdoor table, lifting Preston into the wooden seat that was two high for him to climb onto and Vikk did the same for Rob. I gave Vikk a greeting kiss and hug as the boys devoured the food, the cookies gone first.

"Hey Vikky, nothing happened?" He shook his head.

"Finished the video and put one up on your channel." I kissed him again, just a quick peck.

"Thanks baby, who's looking after these two?" He elbowed me slyly.

"Well considering you're definitely not cooking dinner I think that might be your job."

"Oi!" I pouted. "It's not my fault I'm a terrible cook!" He elbowed me gently again.

"Yes it is."

I looked around as the boys clambered from their seats and bolted to the trampoline, setting the afternoon in motion. Half the food was still there but they would running back and forwards to get it as they bounced on the tramp or built a fort or climbed a tree or whatever they planned to do.

I grabbed my phone, a pair of headphones and a book and settled down underneath a tree in the shade for a long afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Dad?" I looked down to see Rob tugging at the bottom of my shirt, a new, pink, flower crown perched on top of his head.

"Yeah Rob?"

"Why do some people not like my flower crown?" I sucked in a breath through my teeth.

He had just come home from a day of school and someone, a kid a few years older than he, had torn his flower crown off his head and stamped on it. Rob's school was surprisingly accepting, they had punished the culprit at once and didn't mind that he wore a flower crown, and were surprisingly lax with dress code.

The only rules that I could think of for the dress code in both the primary school and the high school was no open toed shoes in a science or food lab, no stomach or torso showing and no shorts or skirts that showed your butt. (These are the rules at my school, we have mufti in the last year and uniform for the other years.)

They didn't care who wore skirts or who wore anything that most people considered gendered, so Rob wearing a flower crown was no issue with them.

"Because some people don't understand baby." I lifted him up onto my knee, straightening the crown on his head. "They think it's wrong for you to wear it, just like some of them think that it's wrong for your dad and I to be together. Do you remember that man when we went to the mall?"

He nodded, pushing his head into my chest. The three of us had been out at the mall choosing presents for Rob's birthday when a middle aged white man had gone red in the face and screamed at us for being faggots and sinners, while Rob was sat on my back watching the whole thing.

"Those types of people don't want to accept that we're happy being who we are, they don't think we're normal and they believe that everyone should be their definition of normal." He nodded.

"I'm happy that you're who you are cause otherwise I wouldn't be here." I laughed and kissed the top of his head.

"I'm happy too Robby, come on, let's go make some more flower crowns my little flower child." He grinned and clung to me.

"I want a purple one this time and you can have a.... red one!"

"That sounds good. Do you want to make one for daddy too?"

"An orange one!"

Part 2

Vikk's P.O.V.