Chapter 9: Clash of Blades

✧✦✧✦✧3rd person PoV✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

They looked at each other, glared at one another. They were looking at the hoarders with intent, but in return, the hoarders did the same. They were just waiting patiently and silently, along with their piercing-gazing eyes, when suddenly...

One of the hoarders, attacked Ryu, but Ryu was expecting it. He smirked and immediately take action by lowering his head to charge and follow it up with a slice on the side of the body, eventually killing the man. However, two of the hoarders, quickly followed it up with a charge attack, leaving Ryu no choice but to parry their attacks.

Shoto on the other hand, charged, to aid Ryu. However, he is suddenly blocked by another two hoarders and ended up parrying with them. But with his strength, they only parried partially, so instead, they executed a combined attack against him.

Shoto, immediately realizing their plan, thrusts his buster sword to the ground and jumped using his sword as a support to lift him up as if he's doing a front flip. The two hoarders, eventually missed their combined attack as they parry and slide their sword through the buster sword, instead of slicing him. After that, Shoto land on their back and quickly took the sword to spin it to the left, slashing the two hoarders from behind.

After slicing the two hoarders into half, another hoarder sneaks in to take advantage of his slow move. His eyes opened widely as he thought it would be the end of him, when suddenly, Ryu quickly intervened the hoarder's attack with a parry. Shoto was surprised, but realized he left the other two hoarders for his sake. So, just when he saw the two charging hoarders, he immediately parried with them.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the street, the 13 hoarders, charged altogether against Eiji, Shiro, and Toki.

As they charge, Eijiro, quickly parried one of the hoarders. On the other hand, Toki sliced two of the hoarders with just one slash after charging with crossed arms. At the same time, Shiro, managed to thrust his sword on one of the hoarder and then threw its body to the other hoarders. Making them fear him.

The red-haired guy, summoned his two daggers and quickly parried with Toki. Meanwhile, Eijiro is having difficulties in fighting with one of the hoarders. He just parried and parried with the hoarder and couldn't even land a single blow. The rest of the hoarders, targeted Shiro, instead of Eiji. Because Shiro somehow managed to kill 3 hoarders already.

They parried with Shiro and managed to push him to the wall. It took 3 men to parry his long katana. However, as they forcefully push him with their swords, Shiro, then lowered the strength in the tip of his sword and quickly slide his blade by stepping aside and pulling it, making the hoarders trip themselves. He then followed it with a slash and aimed for their necks. He managed to cut down the three men who were pushing him by cutting their head-off. The rest of the hoarders witnessed the savage scenery, making them to tremble in fear.

However, that did not stop them, they continued to charge and parry against Shiro without hesitations.

Meanwhile, Toki and the red-haired guy, continued clashing with their blades.

As the red-haired guy clashes with Toki, he then praised her, "Very good reflexes! I must admit, you are a very good fighter and a suitable assassin, just like me..."

Another hoarder came in and attack Toki, however, she parried it with her right katana. She knew she is in trouble, so she kicked the red-haired guy and quickly slashed the other hoarder with her left katana. As she slashes the hoarder, she replied, "Sorry, I didn't sign up for an audition!" She followed it with a spin to the left and quickly sliced the hoarder's neck from the left side with her left katana.