Chapter 3: Vigilante

This sword... I'm speechless. The moment I swung my small keychain sword, as if I'm imagining it like a real sword, suddenly literally became a real one. I don't know how I did it, nor how will I return it back to its old form, yet, I'm astonished.

'Maybe it's a power... Maybe this is my secret call!?'

Speaking to myself. I was thinking, maybe if I bought other keychains, it will also turn into a real sword, just like this. Maybe my secret power is that I can turn any toys into a real one.

I'm starting to think crazy stuffs and they kept entering my brain as if I'm bringing fantasy into real life. Sooner or later, I began to wake myself up by slapping my face again and again. I even pinched myself in the arm so that I'll fully wake up.

I have to find a way to hide this sword before going back home. So, I took a garbage rug in the dumpster and ran as fast as I can.

As I got home, my mom was watching TV and luckily my dad has night shift. I put the sword into my bed, but still feeling something weird in my knees as if I'm trembling. I sat down and calm for a bit, but at the same time, staring at the sword while spacing out.

'My best-friend was killed by a criminal or maybe even killed by a gang. Maybe this could be the start of my new life. To fight against crime and find the one who killed my best-friend.'

After I speak to myself, I grabbed the sword and tried to practice with it through slashing. My room does have enough space for swinging and slashing of my sword.

I am trying to remember how my swordsman character swings his sword in an MMO-RPG game, giving me ideas on when to attack and when to defend. However, all of it is probably not yet enough.

After training of swinging, I started to sat down and relax for a bit, but stressing out on how will this sword return back into a keychain again.

I was speaking to it while holding, "Turn back... Please turn back into a keychain again! How? How will you return to your old form?"

I tried different kinds of things, as well as thinking it to turn into a keychain again. However, still nothing happens.

I felt despair and distressed. Bitch slapping my face, because I don't know what to do about it, but I'm still not losing hope...

If I remember, I think of it as a real sword, then after a few swing, it turns into a real one. Maybe I need to focus on it to be real, but this time, think of it as a keychain. And so I did, however, nothing still happened.

Next, I tried to swing the sword just as I did when it turns into a real sword, but this time, I will think of it as a keychain while swinging. However, nothing still happened.

I sighed in frustration, but this time, I will focus staring into my sword while holding it. I will focus on it to turn it into a keychain as if I've learned telekinesis or psychokinesis. However, nothing still happened and at the same time, I got too frustrated. Ugh!

I rest for a bit while thinking of new ideas, and at the same time, crazy ideas. One of my ideas would put that huge sword back to its scabbard keychain, but at the same time, thinking of it like a real sword being sheathed in the scabbard. One of my crazy ideas as well are like bringing it back to the storeーprobably people would see meーor maybe call the owner of the storeーbut I'm too shy for itーso that he'll pick it up instead. I had many more ideas, but some of it are forgotten, because I'm suffering from distress right now.

I tried to calm myself by leaving the house to try to have some fresh air. The time is still a little early for stores to be closed. So, I decided to head to Kenshi no Buki to buy a new keychain.