30 - Ready As I'll Ever Be.

Liberty's P.O.V

I walked across the land, which I had known for having so much traffic that you couldn't even hear yourself think. Now, however, the land was completely desolate, abandoned, not a car or van in sight for miles down the roads. Tony had somehow found out where Thanos had gone next, and this so happened to be somewhere vaguely close to where we were anyway. It was as if fate had managed to have some say in the matter of the situation.

Looking to my left and my right, I saw that I was definitely not alone. The remaining Avengers were there, bearing weapons of destruction by their sides, as dangerous as they had been right at the beginning of their journeys together as this team. For some reason, I did feel a sense of honour. They had decided themselves as to whether they would stand beside me in this fight, I hadn't even had to persuade.

"Right guys, try not to get yourselves killed, you're the only friends I've got," The sound of Dr Banner's voice sounded through the earpieces that we had all been given as a group. I heard some releases of laughter from the lot of them.

"Do not worry Banner, we can handle this," Thor said, his voice deep and thundering.

"I'll make sure we all get back," Aunt Nat smirked, causing Bruce to laugh slightly from the other end of the earpiece, walking around the office back at S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters.

"I hope so," he replied, suddenly a loud beeping sound started from Bruce's side of the earpieces. "Thanos is moving in your direction guys, be ready, and be careful,"

"It's nice to know we're loved, Banner," Tony said sarcastically, using his sarcasm as a defensive mechanism, making the rest of the team laugh. That was how you could tell that he really was scared.

"Liberty, you ready?" I heard dad say over the earpieces. Looking over in his direction as he looked back at me.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied, looking forward, towards where a very large, bright purple man was stood, a golden glove covering his hand. If I hadn't known exactly who that was, I would've guessed through the next thing that came soaring out of Uncle Tony's mouth.

"Hey, Douchebag! Did you miss us?" he shouted at the top of his lungs, as all of charged on Bruce's advice, me in front and the rest of them forming their team behind me.

Just seeing the mad titan turn around to face us made me angry. This was the monster who killed half of the universe, who killed all of those innocent people who had no reason to be hurt in any way. He destroyed families, broke apart friends, obliterated lives. But what angered me the most is that he destroyed one of the only things I loved. He killed my Spiderman.

Suddenly, I felt the power surge through me again, just as it had done earlier that day, and I began to charge ahead of the others, racing towards Thanos, ready to make him feel the pain that the universe had been feeling over the past couple of days. He deserved every grain and bit of pain that would come his way as I stopped, putting my hands out before me, sending a ray of energy his way, hitting him like a ton of bricks right in the chest.

He groaned and growled, moving backwards slowly, then using the golden gauntlet to send a ray of power back my way. but before he could do that, Tony sent a blast in Thanos's face, knocking his aim off its course. all of us attacked him together then, using all our various powers and gifts as one, fighting for those we had lost due to Thanos' power hungry mission to destroy the universe in order for 'peace to be restored'. Little did he know that his peace was never going to be restored after pulling a stunt like that, he would be sought after and hurt until nothing of him remained in the end.

We fought like animals for a good amount of time, although it seemed that dad had been right about Thanos' strength, he was incredibly powerful and at least twice dads size, and once we started to get tired, he was swatting us away as if we were simply just flies and he was the spider.

He had managed to fight off all of us, we were scattered throughout the battlefield, each of us had all of the power within us drained through the hard fight. All apart from me. I got up, I could feel my eyes glowing the brightest they had ever done, my heart and my chest aching as I picked myself up off the ground and raced towards Thanos, of whom we had managed to injure, just not in a way that would lead to his own destruction.

Thanos turned to face me, sensing my movement and laughed.

"What a brave girl you are, Liberty Rogers," His voice boomed wickedly, I could tell that he was trying to intimidate me, "but you will never win, I am far too strong for you mortal fools,"

And with that I leapt towards him, using all my strength to lift myself off the ground, my fist glowing with my power, as I brought down my fist onto the gauntlet as he tried to shield himself from me.

A loud crack echoed and it was as if everything after that happened in slow motion. I grabbed one of the stones from off the gauntlet, it was bright purple in colour, ripping it from its home on the gauntlet. I could hear Thanos roar in anger and pain as the smashing sound grew louder and louder.

The gauntlet had cracked under the pressure of my small fist, splitting into shards over the ground. I felt shards of it fall towards me, cutting at my skin, surges of pain shooting across my body as blood was brought to the surface even underneath the protection of Tony's armour that he had made me. I managed to send another wave of power towards the gauntlet and it created the brightest flash I had ever seen, full of all of the colours of the rainbow, all at once at full brightness, the purple stone I held tightly in my fist also smashing into sharp shards. Then an excruciating pain shot through my chest as I fell to the ground, voices reaching out, but I couldn't see them at all. Everything went black.