17 - Peter?!

"P-Peter?" I stuttered, my eyes widening as he turned around.
"Liberty?!" He exclaimed, his face reflecting the emotion of pure panic. He looked sweaty, from the battle I supposed. His hair stuck to his forehead, a few droplets of sweat running down his face before he wiped them away quickly.

He immediately reached back to put on his mask back on, concealing his face from the world. I, on the other hand, was left in shock. 1. I had just managed to save the Spiderman, 2. Peter, my best friend, is the Spiderman. What were the chances? Of course, I understood that his identity was to be kept a secret, my dad being who is and all that, but Peter didn't know that he just thought I was a regular girl who moved schools to live with her dad, none of the other details had been further explained. Wait... Peter already knew my dad, or at the very least knew of him, I didn't quite understand the way that these Avengers worked just yet. I was completely content with my friends not truly knowing who I was before now, but right now, my heart was saying otherwise.

"Peter," I found myself whispering carefully towards his ear, just loud enough for him to hear me, and I grabbed his upper arm as to keep him in whispering distance from me. I was surprised to find that his arm was pleasantly muscular. "Meet me by the buses after school, we can study at my house tonight," 

Peter- erm- Spiderman looked at me and nodded, putting up two of his fingers in a saluting fashion as he released webs from his suit and climbed onto what remained of the school building, swinging out of sight.

It took me a few minutes to get up to the assigned safety meeting point, where we would stand if there was a fire alarm or, as it seemed, an alien attack on the school. I jogged to where I had been told to meet with the rest of my homeroom class to be registered. As soon as my homeroom tutor Miss Taylor saw me, I could see the relief flooding through her facial expressions, had I really been that long? I got registered and suddenly I heard the familiar voice of Ned talking from a few metres away.

"Dude, are you okay?" He said, I looked round to see that Peter had just jogged up to his homeroom group as I had just minutes before. Ned sounded genuinely concerned, he was such a good friend for Peter. "Where were you?" Ned then continued, sounding a little more like he was trying to act natural, which was a bit suspicious. I looked back round to where they were standing and immediately my blue eyes met with Peter's Hazel ones, and he looked away shyly, and I looked down, smiling to myself. My best friend is Spiderman.